The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANWNEN, a parish in the hundred of Moyddyn, county Cardigan, 3 miles S.W. of Lampeter, its post town, and 15 N.E. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn. It is situated near the confluence of the rivers Granell and Teifi. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Silian annexed, £102, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynin. In the neighbourhood are remains of an old fortification. Llwyny-Groes is the principal seat. A fair is held on the 13th December for horses, cattle, cheese, and pedlery."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018