The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANYCHAIARN, a parish in the hundred of Lower Ilar, county Cardigan, 2 miles S. of Aberystwith, its post town. It is a little village, situated on the coast of Cardigan Bay, and on the river Ystwith, which is crossed by a bridge close to the village. From a steep hill, called Chancery, a view is commanded of the vale of the Ystwith, with its richly-wooded banks. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £97. The church, dedicated to St. Llwchaiarn, stands close to the left bank of the river. There are some remains of an old castle."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018