In 1868, the parish of Llanfihangel Lledrod contained the following places:
"LLANFIHANGEL-LLEDROD, (or Llanfihangel-llethyr-troed), a parish in the hundred of Upper-Ilar, county Cardigan, 6 miles N.W. of Tregaron, and 9 S.E. of Aberystwith, its post town. It is situated on the river Ystwith, and includes the townships of Upper and Lower Lledrod. The village is neatly built. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £112, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael, and has a monument to Evan Evans, the poet. There is a school with a small endowment. The ancient seat of the Lloyds, called Ffos-y-Bleddeiad, is now a farm. A fair is held on the 7th October.
"LOWER LLEDROD, (and Upper Lledrod) townships in the parish of Llanfihangel Lledrod, and the hundred of Upper Ilar, county Cardigan, 6 miles N.W. of Tregaron, situated on the river Wyrai, and including the hamlet of Swydd.
"SWYDD, a hamlet in the parish of Llanfihangel Lledrod, county Cardigan, 5 miles N.W. of Tregaron, on the river Wyrai."