The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Troedyraur contained the following places:
"TROEDYRAUR, a parish in the hundred of Troedyraur, county Cardigan, 3 miles N.E. of Newcastle-Emlyn, and 11 from Cardigan. The village is situated on a branch of the river Teifi. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David, value £268, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, was erected in 1795. The Methodists have a chapel. Troedyraur House and Alderbrook Hall are the principal residences. There are traces of a Roman way passing Crag Mawr."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018