Document Collections related to Carmarthenshire at the National Library of Wales
- Family and estate records, C17-early C20, of Williams of Aberpergwm, relating mainly to Glamorganshire, Monmouthshire, Breconshire and Carmarthenshire; records of industrial interest, mainly relating to collieries.
- Deeds donated by Mrs J.Augusta Berry, 1753-1865, relating to properties in Glamorganshire, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire.
- Deeds relating to Carmarthenshire, 1813-c1870; genealogical notes and transcripts relating to Brigstocke and other west Wales families. Other Brigstocke records in Carmarthen Archives.
- Documents donated by Mrs L. Lloyd of Bron-y-graig, 1776-1881, mainly relating to the family of Lloyd of Brunant, Carmarthenshire .
- Deeds and documents deposited by the Carmarthenshire Antiquarian Society, mostly relating to Carmarthenshire, including material on enclosure, canals and tramroads, 1609-1873. Further records at Carmarthen Archives.
- Include records of many Carmarthenshire estates, C17-C20, and papers relating to the work of the registrar of the diocese of St David's, C19; office records, 1864-1949. Other records in Carmarthen Archives.
- Records of the Cilgwyn estate in the counties of Cardigan, Carmarthen and Pembroke [and in Paddington, Middlesex], and the families of Lloyd, Hall and Fitzwilliams, 1509-1936.
- Records of the Court Henry estate, Carmarthenshire, 1770-1905.
- Deeds and documents deposited by Messrs Eaton Evans & Morris of Haverfordwest relating to Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Gloucestershire, 1621-1891.
- Deeds and documents deposited by Miss A. E. Bennett Evans relating to the estate of the Brock family in Carmarthenshire, 1843-75, and others, 1774-1900.
- Gwynfor Evans. Papers of Gwynfor Evans (1912- ), MP for Carmarthenshire, 1966-70 and 1974-79, President of Plaid Cymru, 1945-81.
- Records collected by Thomas G.G. Herbert of Aberaeron. They include the papers of Daniel Lewis Lloyd [1843-99], bishop of Bangor; and records of the family of Pryse and Saunders of Ty Mawr, Cardiganshire, and Glanrhydw, Carmarthenshire, 1609-C20.
- Highmead. Estate and family records of Evans and Davies-Evans of Highmead, Cardiganshire, 1548-1903, relating mainly to those parts of Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire in the neighourhood of Llanybydder.
- Deeds deposited by Messrs Jackson & Awdry relating to properties in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, 1699-1748.
- Papers of John William Evans, Felindre [John Y Gwas], c1880-c1960, local historian, with much biographical data relating to Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire.
- Deeds deposited by T.L.Jones relating to Carmarthenshire, 1759-1862.
- Estate and family records of Griffiths, Jones and Jones-Lloyd of Lancych, parish of Clydau, Pembrokeshire, mostly on Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, 1738-1949.
- Deeds purchased through Col. Le Hardy relating predominantly to Carmarthenshire, 1532-1862.
- Llanllyr. Records of the Llanllyr estate, Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire, and the Lewes family, 1631-1861; include records of Tal-y-sarn fair, 1631-1837.
- Estate and family records, C16-C20, of Bowen of Llwyngwair, Pembrokeshire, with records and associated estates, particularly that of Bevan of Laugharne, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire .
- Llwyn-y-brain. Records of the Llwyn-y-brain estate, Carmarthenshire, and the family of Pryse-Rice, 1564-C20.
- Papers of Lewis Lewis (Awenfab o Wynfe, ? 1838-1906), poet, and his family in Carmarthenshire, 1777-1920. Also 1984-1986.
- Estate and family records of Mansell of Muddlescombe, Carmarthenshire, relating to Carmarthenshire and Glamorganshire, C13-C17. Other records at Carmarthen Archives.
- Deeds and documents of the Jones and Davys families relating to the Neuadd-fawr estate in Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire and the Dol-coed estate in Breconshire, 1554-1915.
- Estate and family records of Parry, later Webley-Parry, later Webley-Parry-Pryse, of Noyadd Trefawr, Cardiganshire, and Lewes of Abernantbychan, Cardiganshire, and Gellidywyll, Carmarthenshire, C14-C20, mainly 1530-1860. Include papers of Thomas Lewes [1742-95] as secretary to diplomats.
- Estate and family records of Price of Penlle'rgaer, Llewelyn of Ynysgerwyn, later of Penlle'rgaer, and Dillwyn of Penlle'rgaer, Glamorganshire, C15-C20. Estates in Glamorganshire, Breconshire and Carmarthenshire. Include early coal-mining records. Other papers in U.W., Swansea.
- Estate and family records of Philipps of Picton Castle, Pembrokeshire, C13-C20; estates mainly in Pembrokeshire, also Carmarthenshire and Glamorganshire; manorial records and coal-mining records, C17-C19. Other records at Pembrokeshire Archives.
- Records of the Picton family of Poyston, Pembrokeshire, and Iscoed, Carmarthenshire, and of its estates in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Glamorganshire, C18-C20.
- Plas Llangoedmore. Estate records relating to Vaughan of Trawsgoed [Crosswood], and Millingchamp and Vaughan of Plas Llangoedmor, and to properties mainly in Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire, 1630-1898.
- Records from the offices of Morgan Richardson, solicitors, Cardigan, C16-C20, with family papers of Thomas Morgan, solicitor, C19. Estates include those of Thomas and Beynon of Llanfair and Dol-llan and Beynon of Llaethliw, Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire; Vaughan and Millingchamp of Plas Llangoedmor, Cardiganshire; Pigeonsford and Brynog, Cardiganshire; Posty, Pembrokeshire.
- Deeds deposited by Miss N. Thomas, Saundersfoot relating to properties in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthen and Cardiganshire, 1553-1877.
- Deeds and documents relating to the estate of Beynon of Trewern, Whitland, and elsewhere in the counties of Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire, 1695-1897.
- Deeds relating to the Ty-Llwyd estate, parishes of Betws Ifan and Blaenporth, Cardiganshire, and other property in Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, 1590-1852.
- Deeds donated by D. Gethin Williams relating to Carmarthenshire and Glamorganshire, 1687-1889.
- Papers of David John Williams, Abergwaun (1885-1970), writer, including records of his ancestors in Carmarthenshire, 1793-1882.
- Papers of Sir John Williams (1840-1926), first president of the National Library; also deeds and a few letters which formed part of his collection. The deeds, 1324-1896, relate mainly to Carmarthenshire, C16-C19, and include groups centred on the families of Vaughan of Llanelli and Jones of Ystrad.
- Deeds deposited by Michael Wilson relating to Breconshire, Carmarthenshire, Glamorganshire and Monmouthshire, 1542-1797, and a memorandum book relating to the borough of Brecon, 1679-1768.
- Deeds purchased from F.C.Winchester, Hove, relating to
- Records from the office of D.T.M. Jones, Llandovery, solicitor. Include office correspondence from 1775 and records relating to the estates of Abermarlais, Briwnant, Cynghordy, Glansevin, Glanyrannell, Llwyncelyn and Ton, Carmarthenshire.
Gareth Hicks 2 Feb 2000.