Laugharne Church -photograph and basic information from Dyfed FHS
Parish registers: Christenings (1651-1974), Marriages (1639-1971), Banns (1801-47, 1857-1907) and Burials (1645-1972) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Facsimile Parish registers: Christenings (1651-1812), Marriages (1639-1800) and Burials (1645-1812) are at the National Library of Wales and the Society of Genealogists.
Copy ts PR index CB (1813-75) M (1639-1875) at NLW and Carm.RO
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1672, 1677-9, 1681-2, 1686, 1704-5, 1711, 1715, 1717, 1721, 1725-1800, 1802-39, 1841, 1854-5, 1857, 1859-61, 1864, 1868-82, 1884-5, 1887-9) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 14 - Derllys Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989)
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Bwlchnewydd (Baptist, 1798), near Bwlchnewydd farm in upper Laugharne parish SN3010 Built 1802. Rebuilt/modified 1852. Still open 1998 Coflein
- Tabernacle (Calvinistic Methodist, 1748), Wogan St, Laugharne town SN30151076 Built in 1833 & rebuilt/modified 1872. Demolished pre 1998 Coflein
- Providence (Independent, c1696), King St, Laugharne Births and baptisms (1825-37) PRO RG4/4015, LDS 828112, IGI; and see Bethlehem (St. Clears) and Henllan (Henllan Amgoed) SN30341087 Old English Congregational chapel (Providence), Cliff St, Laugharne Built c.1750; rebuilt/modified 1809 & 1853. Demolished by 1998 (1950?) Coflein
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (Feb 2009)
- New Congregational (English)chapel, King St, Laugharne SN30211098 Built c 1890 Still open 1998 Coflein
- Philadelpha Independent chapel, Laugharne SN3010 Rebuilt 1800 Coflein
- Chapel (Wesleyan Methodist, 1800?), Newbridge near the Cors, Laugharne town Records with those of Wesleyan Chapel (Carmarthen) English Wesleyan, Newbridge St SN30131087 Built in 1810/11. Demolished by 1998 Coflein Old Chapel, Newbridge St, Laugharne - See Capeli (2005 list of chapels under threat)
- Chapel (Moravian, 1763), Laugharne parish until 1810 then new chapel in Pendine parish Records with those of Moravian Chapel (Haverfordwest)
- Quakers' Burial Ground, Cross Inn, Laugharne SN29881156 Demolished pre 1998 Coflein