In 1868, the parish of Llangan contained the following places:
"LLANGAN, a parish partly in the hundred of Derllys, county Carmarthen, and partly in that of Dungleddy, county Pembroke, 6 miles N.E. of Narberth, its post town, and 20 W. of Carmarthen. It is situated on the river Taf, and includes the hamlet of Camvelin. In the vicinity is Whitland Abbey, founded in the 12th century. The village is small. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £86, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Canna. There is a village school."
"CAMVELIN, a village in the parish of Llangan, hundred of Derllys, in the county of Carmarthen, 5 miles to the N. E. of Narberth."