In 1868, the parish of Llanycrwys contained the following places:
"LLANYCRWYS, a parish in the hundreds of Cathinog and Cayo, county Carmarthen, 4 miles S.E. of Lampeter, 5 N. of Llansawyl, and 13 from Llandovery, its post town. It is situated on the Roman road Sarn Helen, and is watered by the river Cothi. The parish includes the hamlets of Is-Fforest and Mynachty. The surface is hilly, but the land is under good cultivation. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £60. The church is dedicated to St. David. There is an Independent chapel."
"FFOREST, a hamlet in the parish of Llanycrwys, hundred of Cathinog, county Carmarthen, 10 miles N.W. of Llandovery."
"MYNACHTY, a hamlet in the parish of Llanycrwys, hundred of Cayo, county Carmarthen, 4 miles E. of Lampeter. It is situated on the Sarn Helen way."