In 1868, the parish of Llanddausaint contained the following places:
"LLANDDAUSAINT, (or Llanthoysaint, or Llandoysaint), a parish in the hundred of Perfedd, county Carmarthen, 6 miles S.E. of Llandovery, 9 N.E. of Llandilo-Fawr, and 5 from Llangadock, its post town. The hamlets of Blaensawthe, Gwidre, Llandoysaint, and Maesfynnon are included in this parish The village is situated near the foot of Mount Ban Sir Gaer, at the source of the river Usk. The low lands are watered by a small stream called Swathe, which has its source in a lake here. The surface is hilly but well cultivated. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Llangadock, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to SS. Simon and Jude. The Calvinistic Methodists have a chapel.
"BLAENSAWTHE, (or Blaensawdde), a hamlet in the parish of Llanddausaint, hundred of Perfedd, in the county of Carmarthen, South Wales, 7 miles to the S. of Llandovery. It is seated near the foot of the Black Mountains, where the river Sawdde takes its rise.
"GWIDRE, a hamlet in the parish of Llanddausaint, county Carmarthen, 5 miles S.E. of Llangadock."
"MAESYFYNNON, a hamlet in the parish of Llanddausaint, county Carmarthen, 6 miles S. of Llandovery. It is situated at the foot of the Black Mountains. Here are remains of ancient cairns."
"QUARTRE MAWR, a hamlet in the parish of Llanddausaint, hundred of Perfedd, county Carmarthen, 6 miles S. by E. of Llandover, and 6 from Llangadock. It is situated under Ben Sir Gaer Mountain."