The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANDILO ABERCOWIN, a parish in the hundred of Derllys, county Carmarthen, 3 miles S.E. of St. Clear, its post town, and 7 S.W. of Carmarthen. It is situated at the confluence of the rivers Cywyn and Taff. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £54. The church is dedicated to St. Teilo. Here are the remains of what was a hospital for pilgrims."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018