The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales., byJones, I.G. & Williams, D. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. These statistics for this parish are extracted from this book which in turn got them from the 1851 census itself;
- Llandingat parish including Llandovery Borough, Telych hamlet, Forest hamlet, Ystrad hamlet; Area 8107 acres; Population 1178 males, 1364 females, total 2542
- Llandovery Borough; Population 885 males, 1042 females, total 1927
Places, villages, farms etc within Landingad parish as shown on the online parish map from the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by Gareth Hicks)
- Ystrad (15); Blaenos; Cwm-Mynys; Garth; Llwyn-Jack; Llwyn-y-brain; Ystrad Ho.
- Fforest (16); Cefn-ricet; Dolau hirion; Dyflyn; Fforest; Gwern-y-moch; Llwyn-y-berchan; Maes-y-gwandde; Ochr-y-fforest; Pant-glas; Pen-y-bont; Pont Newydd; Troed-y-rhiw;
- Llandovery (17) (not town centre which is in Llanfair-ar-y-bryn parish) ; Cefn Crug; Llandovery (outer town); Loventium; Maes-llydan Hall; Tonn
- Telych (18); Blaen-Ydw; Castle; Cefn-cerig; Cefn-Telych; Cwm-Gwern-felen; Cwm Rhuddan; Fron; Fron uchaf; Gwerddon; Pont Gwydderig; Pen-lan?-Telych; Velindre
Photographs and description of Llandovery Castle. - on Castle Wales
Llandovery - on Wikipedia
Dyfed (Wales) Cultural Services Department. Llandeilo, Llanymddyfri a rhan uchaf Dyffryn Tywi: mewn hen luniau. Stroud: Alan Sutton ar y cyd Cyngor Sir Dyfed a Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru, 1991. 159p: chiefly ill, ports. [ISBN 0862999758]
Kingerlee, D.C. Llandovery Album: pictures of a Welsh market town. Llandovery, Llandovery Publications (1995) 80 p.[ISBN: 0951062603]
Pike, L.E. Llandovery Borough, Carmarthenshire: the official guide, Home Publishing Co (1957) 17 p., ill.
A pictorial and descriptive guide to South Wales: including Brecon, Newport, Cardiff, Vale of Neath, Swansea, Gower, Carmarthen, Llandovery, Tenby, Pembroke, Fishguard, Cardigan, New Quay, Aberystwyth, etc. (4th ed.), London, Ward, Lock & co., Ltd. (1925) 192, 80 p., front., ill., maps, plans, plates.
Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, official guide, Gloucester, British Publishing (1971) 32 p., ill., 1 map. [ISBN: 0714007102 (sd)]
Gittins, R & Spencer Davies, D. The Illustrated Heart of Wales Line. Llandysul, 1985, 143 pp. Its 110 mile route from Swansea to Shrewsbury takes it through the heartland of Wales inc. the towns and hamlets of Pantyfynnon, Ffairfach, Llandeilo, Llangadog, Llandovery, Cynghordy etc, and describes each halt and station in detail.
You can see pictures of Llandingad which are provided by: