In 1868, the parish of Llanfallteg contained the following places:
"LLANFALLTEG, a parish partly in the hundred of Dungleddy, county Pembroke, and partly in the hundred of Derllys, county Carmarthen, South Wales, 4 miles N.E. of Narberth, its post town, and 8 N.W. of St. Clears. It is situated on the river Taff, and includes the hamlet of Hyreth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £205, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mallteg."
"HYRETH, a village in the parish of Llanfallteg, county Carmarthen, 4 miles N.E. of Narberth."