The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANFIHANGEL-RHOS-Y-CORN, a parish in the hundred of Cathinog, county Carmarthen, 9 miles N.W. of Llandilo Fawr, and 12 N.E. of Carmarthen, its post town. It is situated on a tributary of the river Cothi. The flannel manufacture is carried on here to a small extent. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage' of Llanllwny, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The charities amount to about £2 per annum. The Rudd family had a seat here, called Forest, now a farm."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018