In 1868, the parish of Llannon contained the following places:
"LLANNON, a parish in the hundred of Carnwallon, county Carmarthen, 6 miles N.E. of Llanelly station, on the South Wales section of the Great Western railway, 8 E. of Kidwelly, and 16 from Swansea, its post town. There is a tram-road to the first-named town. The parish includes the townships and hamlets of Bleyne, Glyn, Goytre, Ismorlais, and Poleyne. The people are mostly employed in the collieries and in agriculture. There are some valuable iron and coal mines in the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £86. The church is dedicated to St. Non. The charities produce about £3 per annum. Fairs are held on the 6th July and 10th December for horses, cattle, and pedlery."
"BLEYNE, a hamlet in the parish of Llannon, and hundred of Carnwallon, in the county of Carmarthen, South Wales, 5 miles to the N.E. of Llanelly."
"GLYN, a hamlet in the parish of Llannon, county Carmarthen, as above, 5 miles N.E. of Llanelly."
"GOYTRE, a hamlet in the parish of Llannon, county Carmarthen, South Wales, 6 miles N. of Llanelly."
"ISMORLAIS, a hamlet in the parish of Llannon, county Carmarthen, 5 miles N. of Llanelly. It is situated near the head waters of the river Morlais."