In 1868, the parish of Llansadwrn contained the following places:
"LLANSADWRN, a parish in the hundred of Perfedd, county Carmarthen, 5 miles S.W. of Llandovery, and 8 N.E. of Llandilo Fawr, its post town. It is situated in a hilly district on the banks of the river Towy. The village is considerable. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Llanwrda annexed, £165. The church is dedicated to St. Sadwrn. An almshouse was founded here in 1731, for four maiden gentlewomen, by Lady Letitia Cornwallis, who endowed it with property now producing £308 per annum. The other charities produce about £11 per annum. There is a school with a small endowment."
"ABERMARLAIS, an ancient seat of the Griffiths, in the parish of Llansadwrn, in the hundred of Perfedd in the county of Carmarthen, 1½ mile N. W. of the town of Llangadock. It is situated in a pleasant spot on the river Towy, and not far from the Sawdde. It was here that the famous Sir Rhys-ap-Thomas resided. There are traces of the Roman road called the Via Julia Montana."