1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Llanwinio contained the following places:
"LLANWINIO, a parish in the hundred of Derllys, county Carmarthen, 9 miles S. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn, and 10 N.W. of Carmarthen, its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Gynin. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £83. The church is dedicated to St. Gwnno. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel. A fair is held on the 12th November for sheep and pedlery."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018