1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Marros contained the following places:
"MARROS, a parish in the hundred of Derllys, county Carmarthen, 10 miles from Narberth, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Laugharne. It is situated on Carmarthen Bay, and is a barren place. The production of ironstone gives employment to some of the inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £73, in the patronage of the Vicar of Laugharne. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The tithes were commuted in 1839."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018