1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Mydrim contained the following places:
"MYDRIM, (or Meidrum), a parish in the hundred of Derllys, county Carmarthen, 6 miles from Llacharn, and 8 W. of Carmarthen, its post town. The parish, which is large, is situated on a branch of the river Taf, and contains Castell Brynule camp. The living is a vicarage* with the curacy of Llanvihangel Abercowin annexed, in the diocese of St. David's, value £120, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. David. There is an endowed school with an annuity of £8. An annual fair is held on the 12th March for horses, cattle, and flannel.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018