In 1868, the parish of Pembrey contained the following places:
"PEMBREY, a parish in the hundred of Carnwallon, county Carmarthen, 5 miles W. of Llanelly, its post town. It is a station on the South Wales railway. It is situated on the Kidwelly canal, under Pembrey Hill, and is a subport to Llanelly. Near the entrance of the river Burry is a fixed light, 35 feet in height, and visible for 9 miles. A portion of the inhabitants are employed in the collieries and ironworks. The living is a vicarage* with the curacy of Llandury annexed, in the diocese of St. David's, value £69. The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd. The interior contains a tomb to the Empress Josephine's niece, who was shipwrecked here in 1828. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum. Inside Cefn Sidan is a pier 1,200 feet in length, with above 12 feet of water. A short distance from it is the Burry harbour, constructed in 1825."
"CAPEL-LLANDURY, a chapelry in the parish of Pembrey, hundred of Carnwallon, in the county of Carmarthen, South Wales, 2 miles from Kidwelly."