Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Bettws-yn-Rhos Parish, Statistics; Area 6262 acres; Population 472 males, 423 females, total 895
- No return for parish church. New church erected in 1839 ( Lewis 1849)
- Horeb, Wesleyan Methodists Erected 1833 Attendance - morning 20 scholars, afternoon 60 + 20 scholars, evening 69 + 17 scholars William Henry Waylett, Steward, Cefn Isas near Coed Coch, Abergele
- Salem, Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1825 Attendance - morning 55 scholars, afternoon 122, evening 142 Robert Hughes, Steward
- Sion, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1819 Attendance - morning 83, afternoon 52 scholars, evening 88 John Roberts, Manager and Calvinistic Preacher, Shopkeeper
- Tabernacle, Baptist Erected 1831, attached to a house Attendance - average - general congregation 100, scholars 35 Hugh Williams, Deacon, Carpenter