Hide

CLOCAENOG

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

In 1868, the parish of Clocaenog contained the following places:

"CLOCAENOG, (Isa and Ucha divisions), a parish in the hundred of Ruthin, in the county of Denbigh, 3 miles S.W. of Ruthin, its post town. It is situated among the hills on a branch of the river Clwydd. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £292, in the patronage of the Bishop of Llandaff. The charities amount to £57 per annum. Pool Park, the seat of Lord Bagot, contains the stone mentioned by Camden as bearing the inscription Amillin Tovisatoc."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018