EFENECHTYD

In 1868, the parish of Efenechtyd contained the following places:

"EFENECHTYD, a parish in the hundred of Ruthin, county Denbigh, 1 mile S. of Ruthin. It is situated near the river Clwyd. Limestone is obtained. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor, value £200, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. Bishop Lloyd for several years held this living. In the neighbourhood are remains of a military camp."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018