1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Erbistock contained the following places:
"ERBISTOCK, a parish partly in the hundred of Bromfield, county Denbigh, and partly in the hundred of Maylor, county Flint, 6 miles S.E. of Wrexham. It is situated on the river Dee, and was formerly part of the demesne of Bangor Priory. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £254, in the patronage of the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Hilary."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018