In 1868, the parish of Henllan contained the following places:
"HENLLAN, a parish in the borough of Denbigh, hundred of Isaled, county Denbigh, 2 miles from Denbigh, and 4 from St. Asaph. This is a large parish situated near the source of the river Clwyd. Part of the land is waste, or used only as sheep-walks. Lead is found. A small priory was founded here by the Salusburys, now converted into a barn. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £350, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Sadwrn, was rebuilt in 1806, when the old tower of the former one was left standing on the hill above. In addition to the parish church there are two district churches at Trefnant and Bylchaw, the livings of both which are perpetual curacies, value £250 each. The Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists have chapels, and there are National and other schools. The parochial charities produce about £30 per annum, exclusive of the almshouses erected in 1814."
"LLEWENY HALL, an ancient seat in county Denbigh, in the parish of Henllan, 2 miles N.E. of Denbigh. It was anciently the seat of Prince Marchweithian, the head of one of the fifteen tribes, and about the reign of Henry III. came to the Salusburys, of whom there are portraits still remaining in the old mansion, which stands near the bank of the river Clwydd. It subsequently passed to the Cottons, the late Marquis of Lansdown, and now belongs to the Hughes family."
"TREFNANT, a township in the parish of Henllan, county Denbigh, 4 miles N. of Denbigh, and 4 S.S.E. from St. Asaph. It is a station on the Rhyl and Denbigh branch of the Vale of Clwyd railway."