Llwynedd Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel (Bethania), Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd
Llwynedd Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel (Bethania),
Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd
- The entry for this church on the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) website (Coflein).
From the Llanarmon-yn-Ial Community Facebook page
"In 1986 the church building and chapel house at Llwynedd Welsh Presbyterian Chapel, Llanbedr D C. just off the Tan yr Unto bends on the A494 became redundant. The cause continued as it amalgamated with Tabernacl Welsh Presbyterian Chapel in Well St., Ruthin.The chapel was sold and soon after, its buildings were demolished. Over the past twelve months or more, the current owners are in the process of constructing a replacement new house on the site.The recent owners deserve to be congratulated for respecting the historic heritage of this location by fitting a plaque on the gable end of the recently constructed detached garage of the new property. The plaque denotes the site as previous home to Llwynedd Welsh Presbyterian Chapel consecrated in 1856 and terminated as place of worship in 1986.Furthermore, the owners have decided to adopt the Welsh name 'Ty Capel' for their new home, again respecting both local and national Welsh heritage.It's so sad when Welsh place names in so many areas of rural Wales often disappear when property change hands. But thankfully, this is not the case at Llwynedd, Llanbedr D. C."
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)