In 1868, the parish of Llancadwalladr contained the following places:
"LLANCADWALLADR, a parish in the hundred of Chirk, county Denbigh, 7 miles S.W. of Chirk, and 8 from Oswestry, its post town. It lies in a hilly district, watered by the river Ceiriog. The village is wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £55, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Cadwalladr. The charities produce about £2 per annum.