- Jones, Gareth. The Griffiths or Williams at Penycae Cronicl Powys, No. 80 (August 2010), p. 34-36.
- Jones, Gareth. Griffiths or Williams at Penycae? Cylchgrawn hanes teuluoedd Dyfed, Vol. 10, no. 6 (August 2010), p. 28-31
- Jones, John Owen. Hen arweinyddion y canu yn Salem, Penycae Colwyn Bay : Argraffwyd yn Sefydliad Affricanaidd, 1911.
- Pratt, Derrick. Plas Du, Penycae Clwyd Historian = Hanes Bro Clwyd. No. 25 (October 1990), p. 19-22
|St Thomas, Penycae|
|Carmel Welsh Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan), ??|
|Groes Chapel (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist), Groes, Pen-Y-Cae|
|Soar Welsh Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan), Stryt-Isa|
|Tai Nant Chapel (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist), Tai Nant, Pen-Y-Cae|
Ordnance Survey reference SJ 276453.
The new church, dedicated to St. Thomas, was consecrated on 6 December 1878.
The Clwyd FHS website has a photograph of the church.
"Welsh Church Commission - County of Denbigh - The Statistics of the Nonconformist Churches for 1905" lists the following nonconformist places of worship in the Civil parish of Penycae :
|Name of Chapel||Denomination||Number of "adherents"|
|Sion, Groes||Baptists (English language)||88|
|Tai Nant||Calvinistic Methodists||112|
|Soar, Stryt Issa||Wesleyans||200|
|Copperas||Primitive Methodists (English language)||100|
- The following Parish Registers have been deposited at the Denbighshire Record Office, Ruthin.
They may be viewed on microfilm at the Denbighshire and Flintshire Record Offices, at the A.N. Palmer Library, Wrexham, and at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
These microfilms are not available elsewhere.
|1880 - 1919||1880 - 1971||1881 - 1952|
- There are no Bishop's Transcripts for St. Thomas, Penycae.
- There are no official I.G.I. entries for St. Thomas, Penycae.
The new parish of Penycae was assigned to the Wrexham Registration District.
In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Penycae are in the format :
- Years 1837 - 1851: Wrexham XXVII. nnn
- Years 1851 - 1930: Wrexham 11b. nnn
(GRO index references have no relevance at the local Superintendent Registrar's Office)
Penycae - on wikipedia
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Penycae to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Penycae has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
North-East Wales Churches and Ancient Parish Boundaries" produced by Clwyd Record Office in 1994, published by Genuki with the permission of Flintshire Record Office and Denbighshire Archives
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ280453 (Lat/Lon: 53.00016, -3.074298), Penycae which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)