In 1868, the parish of Meliden contained the following places:
"MELIDEN, a parish in the hundred of Prestatyn, county Flint, 4 miles N.E. of St. Asaph, its post town. It is situated on the coast, and includes Nant, a seat of the Conways. At Prestatyn was formerly a castle. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £06, in the patronage of the bishop. The parish church is' dedicated to St. Melided. There is a district church at Prestatyn, the living of which is a perpetual curacy, value £233. The charities produce about £75 per annum for four poor clergymen, bequeathed by Dr. Bouchery in 1783."
"NANT AND PRESTATYN, a township in the parish of Meliden, hundred of Prestatyn, county Flint, 3 miles N.E. of Rhuddlan. It is situated on the coast. "Nant" in Welsh signifies a pass or hollow by a brook, and is frequently used as a prefix to other names."
"PRESTATYN, a township and market village, in the parish of Meliden, and hundred of Prestatyn, county Flint, 4 miles N.E. of Rhuddlan. It is a station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the London and North Western railway. It is situated on the coast, and is in conjunction with the hamlet of Nant. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £233, in the patronage of the crown and bishop alternately. There are ruins of a castle at Prestatyn Plas, erected prior to Henry II.'s time, and which was once the seat of the Banasters, Crevecoeurs, Conways, &c. A market is held on Saturday."