1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"NANNERCH, a parish in the hundred of Rhuddlan, county Flint, and partly in the county of Denbigh, 6 miles from Mold, its post town, and 3 S. of Holywell. It is situated under Moel-Arther, a strong British post, defended by two ditches of great depth. It contains Cwm, Llan, Trefechan, and Penbedw, formerly a seat of the Mostyns. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in the iron and lead mines and limestone quarries. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £292, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, has a monument to Charlotte, wife of R. Mostyn, Esq., of Penbedw. The charities produce about £2 per annum."
"CWM, a township in the parish of Nannerch, in the county of Flint, 5 miles N.W. of Mold."
"LLAN, a township in the parish of Nannerch, county Flint, 3 miles S.W. of Holywell."
"TREFECHAN, a township in the parish of Nannerch, county Flint, 6 miles N.W. of Mold."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018