YSCEIFIOGG

In 1868, the parish of Ysceifiogg contained the following places:

"YSCEIFIOGG, a parish in the hundred of Rhuddlan, county Flint, 3 miles S.W. of Holywell, comprising the townships and hamlets of Bodingen, Garneddwen, Gellilovedy, Pryse, Trefraeth, and Tre-Llan. The surface is partly moorland and sheep-walks. Lead is found. In 1816 a gold torque was found here, which is now preserved at Eaton Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £900, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin. The charities produce about £10 per annum."

"BODINGEN, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, hundred of Rhuddlan, in the county of Flint, North Wales, 3 miles to the S. of Holywell."

"GARNEDDWEN, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, 5 miles S.W. of Flint."

"GELLILOVEDY, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, North Wales, 3 miles S.W. of Holywell."

"ISSA, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, 5 miles W. of Flint."

"PRYSE, (or Prusan), a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, 6 miles W. of Flint.

"TREFRAETH, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, 5 miles W. of Flint."

"TRELAN, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, 5 miles W. of Flint."

"UCHA, a township in the parish of Ysceifiogg, county Flint, 5 miles W. of Flint."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018