Cefn-Pennar in the Parish of Aberdare
"CEVNPENNAR (CEVN-PENNAR), a hamlet, in the parish of ABERDARE, within the limits of the borough of MERTHYR-TYDVIL, county of GLAMORGAN, SOUTH WALES, 2 miles (E. S. E.) from Aberdare. The population is returned with the parish. This hamlet, which is well wooded, is situated on the western declivity of the Twyn-Mawr mountain. The Aberdare canal passes close to, and parallel with, the river Cynon, in the lower part of it." [From A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (S. Lewis, 1833) © Mel Lockie]
The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd, is in the Benefice of Mountain Ash and Miskin, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST037005.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
The transcription of the section for Cefnpennar from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cefn-Pennar in the Parish of Aberdare to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cefn-Pennar in the Parish of Aberdare has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO037007 (Lat/Lon: 51.696757, -3.394752), Cefn-Pennar in the Parish of Aberdare which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Mountain Ash Division Elementary/Primary schools records Include " ..... Cefnpennar school, 1895-1936......."