Robertstown in the Parish of Aberdare
"St. John the Evangelist's, ROBERTS TOWN, built in 1890 at a cost of £610, as a chapel of ease to the parish church, is a plain building of stone consisting of nave only, and has a western bell-turret containing one bell: there are 150 sittings." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Salem Chapel, Robertstown - on People's Collection Wales
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Aberdare Ecclesiastical Parish records Includes " ........ St John the Evangelist, Robertstown, 1886-1912.........."
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the Public Record Office, London|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Salem, Congregational||1790-1837||-||-||SO 00160341|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Robertstown in the Parish of Aberdare to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Robertstown in the Parish of Aberdare has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Various items - on People's Collection Wales
- A newspaper article from the South Wales Echo, titled 'No cash to save oldest bridge', reporting on the Robertstown Iron Tram Bridge, Aberdare, 20 November 1975
- A letter from The Victorian Society South Wales Group supporting the restoration of the iron bridge in Robertstown, Aberdare, 24 April 1976
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO002034 (Lat/Lon: 51.720414, -3.446149), Robertstown in the Parish of Aberdare which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)