Aberdulais in the Parish of Cadoxton Juxta Neath
"ABERDULAIS, or Aberdylais, is a village, 2 miles north-east, with a station on the Vale of Neath section of the Great Western railway, in Blaenhonddan and Lower Dylais townships, and lighted with gas from works at Neath. There are extensive tinplate works here. The Tennant canal passes through the village and crosses the river by a viaduct. There are two Calvinistic Methodist chapels and a Baptist chapel, erected in 1857, with 500 sittings." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Aberdulais Railway, Aberdulais, Glamorgan
1826: minutes [West Glamorgan Record Office, Swansea - Reference: (p4)]
The transcription of the section for Aberdulais from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Aberdulais in the Parish of Cadoxton Juxta Neath to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Aberdulais in the Parish of Cadoxton Juxta Neath has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Mill at Aber-Dylais, vale of Neath, Glamorganshire - on People's Collection Wales
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS772993 (Lat/Lon: 51.678999, -3.777506), Aberdulais in the Parish of Cadoxton Juxta Neath which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Aberdulais Odd Fellows' Society, papers 1859-1907 " .............held their meetings at the Dulais Rock public house, Aberdulais, ............"