Monks to Millennium, the Story of the Village of Cilffriw
By the Cilffriw Millennium Book Group, December 2000.
Limited edition of 1000 copies.
Indexed by Gareth Hicks, March 2002.
No copies of photographs can be provided.
- Please read this first
- Names of people
- Photocopies/transcriptions & maps
- Evans Bevan Collieries- names and destinations of ships mentioned in bills of lading in 1868;
- Groups, events, stories and 'things'
- Census entries
- Blaenhonddan Rate book for 1876 pertaining to Cilffriw, 54
- Cilffriw War Memorial (WWI & II), 127, 159
- Second section
To comply with the ramifications of the current Data Protection Act as far as publicising the names of living people is concerned, or at least with my interpretation of it, the indexing is in two parts.
In the first section, up to page 138 (approximately the 1930s), ALL the names are extracted individually, with some christian names shown *** in case the people concerned are still alive.
In the second section, from page 139 onwards, NO christian names are extracted (at least with linked surnames), and the indexing style has changed to being PAGE based with surnames only shown.
- The Early Days, 7-
- Through Many Hands, 15-
- Birth of a Village, 32-
- Coal, Chemicals & a Chapel, 39-
- Flannel and Tin, 54-
- Build Build Build, 59
- Education, 72-
- The Century Unfolds, 113-
- Sport, 239-
Names are indexed under the name that appears to be the surname.
Patronymic versions or entries with given names only are put at the beginning of the main index.
Dates are those associated with the particular piece of text.
Places mentioned needn't be where someone actually lived.
|---, Abbott Leyson Thomas, Neath Abbey, 13||---, Abbott of Savigny, 1269, 12|
|---, Adam, Abbott of Neath Abbey, C13, 12||---, Alswn dau of Henry, dau of Margred Awbrey, 18|
|---, Annie, Tydraw, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||---, Annie, Bryncaws, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|---, Betti Fach, 8||---, Caradog ap Iestyn, Lord of Afan, 1167, 1185, 8|
|---, Davie, Glynbetwas, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||---, Einon ap Collwyn, 11, 13|
|---, Evelyn, Brynrhos, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||---, Gwen, Bryngelli, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|---, Howell ap Howell, Court Roll, 1677, 19||---, Howell ap Thomas ap William, Cilffriw, c 1541, 13|
|---, Jenkinus ap Iwan (?),Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||---, Katie, Glynrhigos, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|---, King Hywel, 8||---, Lalya, Syrian architect, 1129, 8|
|---, Lewis, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||---, Llewelyn the Great, Prince of Gwynedd, 1231, 8|
|---, Maggie, Tydraw, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||---, Morgan Gam, 1224, 8|
|---, Rees ap Jenkin, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||---, Rhodri Mawr, 12|
|---, Rhys Goch, 13||---, Sidvil, 1723/4, 23|
|---, Thomas ap Howell, Tir Griffith Vawr & Gwaun-y-Cadno, 1577, 17||---, Thomas ap William ap Howell, Cilffriw, c 1541, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 122|
|---, Thomas ap William Howell, Lletty bach/Cilffriw, 1577, 17||---, Will, Glynbetwas, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|---, William ap Howell, 18||---, William the Conqueror, 8|
|---, Willimus ap William, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||---, Willimus John ap Owen, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|---(?), Tho W'm , Court Roll, 1677, 19||Alvis, A M Miss, Cilffriw/Skewen Schools, 1947, 90|
|Alvis, Alice, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Alvis, Alice Maud, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Alvis, Henry, Pleasant Hill, 1891, 61||Alvis, William, Cilfrew Colliery, 124|
|Andrews, Edwin, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Andrews, Harry, Pleasant Hill, 1904, 122|
|Andrews, Harry/Rachel, New Rd, 1904, 129||Andrews, Henry H (Harold), New Rd, WWI, 129, 130, 133|
|Andrews, Violet, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Anthony, Geo: Willm, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Attewal, Vera, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Attewell, Vera, Cilffriw School, 1914, 81|
|Aubray, D'd, Havodwynog, 1875, 44||Aubray, W'm, Havodwynog, 1875, 44|
|Aubrey, *** Mr, Penscynor, modern, 125||Awbrey, Gr (?), Court Roll, 1677, 19|
|Awbrey, John, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23||Awbrey, Margred, 18|
|Awbrey, Morgan, Killybevan, 1654, 18||Awbrey, W'm, Cock match, 1703, 21|
|Ball, Lily, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Ball, Minnie, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Barrington, William, 1823, 31||Batchelor (?), Thomas Thomas Rev, 1788, 28|
|Beasley, Gwenny Ann, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Bellhouse, Ralph, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Bevan, David, mine owner, 1867, 48, 49, 55||Bevan, David Martyn Evans JP, 1947, 125|
|Bevan, E, conductor, United Male Voice Party, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133||Bevan, Evan, ship owner and colliery owner, 1868, 46, 50, 72|
|Bonney, ***, 129||Bowen, Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Bowen, John, Gill yr march, 1788, 28||Bowen, John, Ynysllinlladd, 1788, 28|
|Bowen, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Bowen, John William, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Bowen, Llewellyn chemical works owner, c 1869, 50, 51, 52||Bowen, Thomas, son of Llewellyn, 1871, 52|
|Bowen, William/Jane & son William, Gelly yr March/Tyn yr Heol and Mynydd Gelly yr March, 1743, 23||Bowen, W'm Jn'o & ?, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Bowen. John Llewellyn, cottage on Tyn Llechau land(Rossers terrace) & Cilffriw Hotel, 1871, 1881, 53, 58, 61||Brigstocke, Owen, 1878, 58|
|Butler, Catherine, 1770, 1772, 25, 26||Butler, Ja, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24|
|Butler, James/Sarah, Swansea, 1770, 1772, d 1778, 25, 26, 27||Bywater, Evan, Tynllechau, 1881, 58|
|Charles, John, Derwenfawr, 1875, 44||Charles, Rees, Derwenfawr, 1870s, 43|
|Clayton, C P Mr, School Inspector, 1921, 85||Coity, Arthur, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Collier, Jemma ?, Cilffriw School, 1914, 81||Collier, Jenny, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Collier, Will, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Compton, Henry, C17, 26|
|Cradocke, Philip Gentleman, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Crew, L Miss, Cilffriw School, 1914, 80|
|Cromwell, Richard, 1540s, 122||Cwm Tennant, family/estate, Cadoxton, 1823, 31, 33, 55, 58, 113|
|David, Evan, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||David, Evan Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|David, Hopkyn Gentleman, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||David, J (?), Llantwit Major, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24|
|David, Jenkin, yeoman, Glyn y Bedd, 1719, 1723/4, 22||David, Jenkinus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|David, John, Volin Vach, 1770, 25||David, John, Glynybedwas, 1654, 18|
|David, Mathew(?) Gentleman, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||David, Ogley L (JP), councillor, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|David, Rees, 1770, 25||David, Willimus Henrie Llin, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Davies, *** Mr, Cilffriw School visit, 1969, 97, 98||Davies, *** Mr, Oakview, 136|
|Davies, ***Miss, asst teacher, 1959, 95||Davies, Bill (Will Box), New Rd, 113|
|Davies, Catherine Mary, Pleasant Hill, c 1929, 137||Davies, D, 1823, 31|
|Davies, D M Esq, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133||Davies, David, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Davies, David Mr, Manordeifi/Pembrokeshire, 1788, 28||Davies, Edwina, 59|
|Davies, Elizabeth Miss, School canteen, 1945, 90||Davies, family, Glynbedd, 46|
|Davies, Griffith, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Davies, Henry, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Davies, J Rev, Tonmawr, 1867?, 49||Davies, James, Rev, 59|
|Davies, Jenkin, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23||Davies, Jenkin, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Davies, Jenkin, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Davies, John, Glynbedd, 1891, 63|
|Davies, John (Davies a Gwlan) and sons John/Thomas/James, Cilffriw Bach/weaver's cottage, 1881, 1891, 59, 63||Davies, John Henry, 59|
|Davies, Joseph, Penscynor, c 1851, 36, 37, 38, 52, 58||Davies, Lewis, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Davies, Llew, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Davies, Llewellyn, 59|
|Davies, Mary, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Davies, Mary Mrs, Tynllechau cottage & Tabor Bryncaws School, 73, 74|
|Davies, Oswald, Porthcawl, 59||Davies, Rees, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Davies, Rees (Rees Glynbedd), brother of Mrs Dykes Maes y Deri, Derwen fawr, 1920s, 132||Davies, Roger, Glynbedd, 1871, 50, 58|
|Davies, Roger, Hafod Wonog/Tirlan, 1891, 63||Davies, Sarah Gwen, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Davies, Thomas, musician, USA, 59||Davies, Thomas R, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124|
|Davies, William, Torcefn, 1873, 46||Davies, William, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Davies, William Mr, Tabor chapel, 1867?, 49||Davies, W'm, Derwenfawr, 1875, 44|
|Davis, William, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||D'd, Anthony, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|De Clare, Gilbert, Lord of Glamorgan, C13, 12||De Glanville, Richard, 1129, 8|
|Devonald, Elvira, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Devonald, May, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Devonald, Ossie, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Doddington, William and sons Edward & John, 1617, 26|
|Dorsett, Fra., Cock match, 1703, 21||Dykes, ---, Maes y Deri, modern, 46|
|Dynevor, Lord, 1876, 55||Dynevor, Lord, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Earl, Phillip Rt Hon , Pembroke & Montgomery, 1666, 19||Edd, Anne, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Edd, D'd, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Edward, David, 1770, 25|
|Edward, Thomas, Dan y Rhiw, 1770, 25||Edward, Thomas, Dulais house, 1788, 28|
|Edwards, --- Miss, teacher, 1948, 1959, 91, 95||Edwards, Hugh MP, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Edwards, Humphrey, Bridge/Mill/Piscodin/Gwern Shane/Tanneri/Gwain y march, 1793, 29||Edwards, Jack Major MP, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Edwards, Sir O M, portrait unveiled at Cilffriw School, 1921, 85||Edwards, W Mr, Schools Inspector, 1914, 82|
|Evan, David, 1791, 25||Evan, David, Chapel, 1793, 29|
|Evan, Jane wid, Court Roll, 1677, 19||Evan, Thomas, 1714, 21|
|Evans, ***, Rockfield, 127||Evans, David, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Evans, David, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Evans, David jun, Derwen fawr, 1873, 46|
|Evans, E Rev, Skewen, 1867?, 49||Evans, Edward, Penscynor, 1881, 58|
|Evans, Evan, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Evans, Evan Captain, mine owner, Tirlan ?, 1841, d 1871, 34, 39, 47, 48, 50, 51, 55|
|Evans, Herbert, Eaglebush, 1772, 26||Evans, Ieuan, Eaglebush, 26|
|Evans, J T, councillor, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133||Evans, Jack & father, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Evans, Jack Lem, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Evans, John, Penscynor, 1881, 58|
|Evans, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Evans, Leyshon Esq, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Evans, M M Mrs, Cilffriw School, 1914, 1922, 80, 86||Evans, Mary, Tynllechau, 1871, 53|
|Evans, ---Miss, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Evans, Samuel, ex Cilffriw Bach, 1851, 37|
|Evans, Sir Herbert, Gnoll, 1677, 19||Evans, Thomas, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Evans, Thomas Esq, Hendre - ?, 1654, 18||Evans, Thomas(?), Kill y bevan, 1654, 18|
|Evans, William, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Evans Bevan Anthracite Collieries/partnership, 34, 48, 49, 55, 74, 125|
|Evans(?), Da:, Court Roll, 1677, 19||Frances, Henry, Tydraw House, 1891, 63|
|Francis, Sage (a woman), 1791, 25||Freak, *** Mrs, modern, 125|
|George, family, Penscynor, modern, 120||George, Ivor, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|George, John, Penscynor, 1881, 58||Gethin, Freda, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Gething, Daniel/Kate, Penscynor cottages?, 1871, 53, 58||Gething, Ebenezer & William, Aberdulais & Cilffriw Tinworks, 1878, 55|
|Gething, Henry/Maria, smith, Llantwit & Threshers, 1851, 1861, 36, 37, 38, 53, 55||Gibs, Joseph, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Griffith, Da:, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Griffith, Daniel, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Griffith, Jane wid, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Griffith, Jennett late wife to John and dau of William, Y Derlwyn & Cayo Gw leison, 1577, 17|
|Griffith, John, 2 Mills, 1577, 17, 18||Griffith, John, 1793, 29|
|Griffith, Tho:, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Griffith, Thomas William, 1721, 22|
|Griffith, Willm, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Griffith, W'm, 1793, 29|
|Griffiths, *** Mrs, Cilffriw School visit, 1969, 97||Griffiths, David, WWI memorial Service, 133|
|Griffiths, Elizabeth, USA, 1851, 35||Griffiths, John, 1714, 1721, 21, 22|
|Griffiths, John, Sidings, 1875, 44||Griffiths, William, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Grogoney, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Hall, Henry, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Hall, Jacky, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Hall, Sydney, coal merchant, 46|
|Hall, Tommy, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Haries, W'm, Kilfrew, 1875, 44|
|Harries, Rowl'd Mr, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Harris, --- Mr, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Harris, David, 1851, 37||Harris, Howell Rev, Trefecca, 1745, 23|
|Harris, Jack, brother of Olwen, Derwen fawr, 1920s, 132||Harry, William David, 1714, 21|
|Herbert, --- Mr, Kil y bevan, 1654, 18||Herbert, Edward, Cogan, 1666, 19|
|Herbert, family, 21||Herbert, Mary, 1617, 26|
|Herbert, Nicholas Esq, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Herbert, Sir George, Swansea, c 1541, 13, 15|
|Herbert, Sir John, Abbotts House/Neath Abbey, 1550-1617, 15, 26||Herbert, William, 1700, 20|
|Herbertt, Godwin, Cock match, 1703, 21||Higginson, Margaret, dau of Taylor/Catherine, 1770, 1772, d 1791, 25, 26, 27, 28|
|Hill, George, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Hill, George, , WWI memorial Service, 133|
|Hill, Mary, New Rd, 134||Hill, William and sons Thomas & George & dau Eliz., builders, Pentre Hill cottages & New Rd, 1871, c 1900, 52, 55, 58, 59, 61, 113 120, 121|
|Hoby, Peregrine/Catherine & son Philip, C17, 26||Holby, Philip & daughters Elizabeth, Ann, Katherine, d 1678, 26|
|Ho'll, Thomas Willm, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Hopkin, Thomas, Aberdyleis, 1577, 17|
|Hopkin, Thomas, Pentwin, 1793, 29||Hopkin, Willm, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Hopkins, Elizabeth, Tirlan, pre 1881, 58||Hopkins, Jennet wid, Cilffriw Bach, 1851, 37|
|Hopkins, John, Cilfrriw Tinworks, 1890, 55||Hopkins, K Miss, Cilffriw School, 1914, 80|
|Hopkins, Mary, Brynrhos, 1891, 49||Hopkins, ---Mr, Cae Track(?) & Caegrosllard (?), 1793, 29|
|Hopkins, Owen, Australia, 49||Hoskins, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Howell, Harriet, cottage on Tyn Llechau land(Rossers terrace), 1871, 53||Howell, Ll D, councillor, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Howell, Margaret, 1721, 22||Howell, Rachel wid, Tydraw, 1861, 38|
|Howell, Thomas William, Cilffriw farm, 1577, 15, 17, 19||Howell, W'm, Court Roll, 1677, 19|
|Howells, Dora, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Howells, Ebenezer, New Rd, pre 1891, 113|
|Howells, Elizabeth, daughter of William Hill, 121||Howells, James T, , WWI memorial Service, 133|
|Howells, John/Anne, Tynllechau isha, 1881, 58, 62||Howells, ---Mr, Cilffriw School opening, 1914, 81|
|Huckridge, W'm, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124||Huckridge, W'm John, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124|
|James, family, Tydraw, 1851, 37, 38||James, J D Rev (BD), WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|James, Thomas, 10 Main Rd, 1871, 1881, 52, 61||James, Thomas/Ellenor, haulier, 1861/71, 37|
|Jefford, Alfie, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Jenkin, Griffith, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Jenkin, Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Jenkin, Lewis, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Jenkin, Llewelin Willm, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Jenkin, Rosser Johns (?),Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Jenkin, Thomas John, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Jenkins, ?, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Jenkins, Blod Mrs, School cook, 1954, 93||Jenkins, Daniel, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?,41|
|Jenkins, Daniel/Hannah, 14 Deri fach, 1871, 52, 121||Jenkins, Daniel/Mabel, 121|
|Jenkins, Danl?, Cadoxton/Tor Cefn Colliery, 1875, 44||Jenkins, Dennis, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Jenkins, Eleazer, New Rd, 1891, 61||Jenkins, Elias, White Rock & Glynybedd, 1840, 31|
|Jenkins, family, Torcefn/Cilffriw farms, 1851, 37, 38||Jenkins, family, Deri fach, 46|
|Jenkins, Fred, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Jenkins, George, WWI period, 132|
|Jenkins, John/ Elizabeth, 1875, 121||Jenkins, John/Elizabeth, son of Daniel/Hannah, Pentre Hill cottages, 1876, 55|
|Jenkins, Johnny, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Jenkins, Justin, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Jenkins, Katy, Glynrhigos, 23||Jenkins, Mary Ann, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Jenkins, Morgan, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Jenkins, ---Mrs, House & Shop, 1876, 55|
|Jenkins, Phillip, Tydraw & Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 1871, 41, 50||Jenkins, Thomas, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Jenkins, Thomas, Penscynor cottages, 1871, 53||Jenkins, Thomas/Ann son of Daniel/Hannah, cottage on Tyn Llechau land(Rossers terrace), 1871, 53, 58|
|Jenkins, Tommy, organist at Pisgah, 134||Jenkins, William, Bryncaws, 1875, 44|
|Jenkins, William, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124||Jenkins, William/Anne, March Hywel/Glyn y bedd farms, 1784, 27|
|Jenkins, W'm, 1770, 25||Jenkins, W'm, alderman, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Jn'o, Dd, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Jn'o, Jenkin, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Jn'o, Lewis, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Jn'o, Owen, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|John, ---(?), Court Roll, 1677, 19||John, Jenkin, Derwenfawr, 1875, 44|
|John, Llewelyn, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126||John, William, Hafodwanno(Hafod Wennog?), 1654, 18|
|John, William, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||John, Winnifred Mrs, Neath Abbey, 59|
|Jones, A G Miss, National Milk Publicity Council, 1943, 89||Jones, Ann, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Jones, Betti, Bryncaws, 40, 49, 124||Jones, Daniel, from Cardiganshire, 1871, 52|
|Jones, David, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Jones, David, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Jones, David Morgan & Will, Danrhiw, WWI, 128||Jones, D'd, Llwynfelin?, 1875, 44|
|Jones, Edward Richard/Jane, Glyn Bedd/Bryncaws, 1851, 35||Jones, Elias, School fire watcher, 1943, 89|
|Jones, Elizabeth A Miss, School cleaner, 1944, 89, 90||Jones, Evan, Kilfrew, 1875, 44|
|Jones, Evan bro of Jemima Jones of Tirlan, 1891, 61||Jones, family, Derwen Fawr, 1871, 50|
|Jones, family, Tyn Llechau farm, 1871, 53, 58||Jones, family, Glynrhigos, 1891, 63|
|Jones, family, Dan Rhiw & Bryncaws, 46, 49, 63, 122, 128||Jones, G , School Inspector, 1914, 81|
|Jones, George, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Jones, Gwillim, Tynllecha, 1875, 44|
|Jones, Helena Elizabeth Mrs, School cleaner, 1944, 89||Jones, Henry Mr, Tabor chapel, 1867?, 49|
|Jones, Ivor, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Jones, Jack, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Jones, Jenkin, Cwmbach, 1875, 44||Jones, John, Llwynbedw, 1871, 50|
|Jones, John, from Cardiganshire, 1871, 52||Jones, John, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Jones, John, Bryncaws & Brinbrain(Brynamman), 1810, 32, 34||Jones, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Jones, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Jones, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Jones, John Gentleman, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577, 16, 17||Jones, John/Ann, Llwyn Bedw House, 1871, 52|
|Jones, Johnnie Beynon, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Jones, Ll, councillor, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Jones, Maggie Jane, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Jones, Margaret, dressmaker, 135|
|Jones, Margaret Mrs, Cilffriw, 59||Jones, Morgan, Henvas?, Tor Cefn colliery, 1875, 44|
|Jones, Owen, Bryncaws/Brynrhos, 1840, 1863, 31, 34, 35, 39, 47, 48, 49, 50||Jones, Rees, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Jones, Richard, 1721, 22||Jones, Richard & family, Glynbedd & Torcefn, 1841, 1861, 35, 38|
|Jones, Rowland, deacon, Rosser Terrace & signal box, 1915, 116, 117||Jones, Rowland (Jones Parch), Rossers Terrace, 76, 113|
|Jones, S Rees/Jane, Gent, Kilybebyll, 1714, 21||Jones, Thomas, Glynbedd, 1861, 38|
|Jones, Thomas, Penscynor, 1881, 58||Jones, Tommy, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Jones, W Rev, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133||Jones, Will Bach, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Keavlin (?), Cath: Mrs, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24||Lang, Jacky, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Lang, John, , WWI memorial Service, 133||Lawrence, W'm, 1770, 25|
|Leigh, Capel Hanbury, Lord of the Manor/Neath Ultra & Kilybebyll, 1811, 31||Lewis, ***Mrs, Head Teacher, 1968, 96|
|Lewis, Cyril Henry, station porter, 1921, 117||Lewis, Evan, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124|
|Lewis, family, Penscynor, 1881, 58||Lewis, Hercules, Bryndulais & Station Master, 1911, 116|
|Lewis, Hopkin Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Lewis, Johannes, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Lewis, John, Ynysmidw, 1873, 46||Lewis, Lewis, Kilfrew, 1875, 44|
|Lewis, Llewellyn, Tynllechau & Penscynor Lane, 1861, 1871, 38, 53||Lewis, Titus, Penscynor cottages, 1871, 53|
|Lewis, William, cock fight, Neath, 1703, 21||Lewis, William, Kilfrew, 1875, 44|
|Lewis, William, Tynllechau, 1871, 53, 58||Lewis, Zia, Bryncaws/Derwen Fawr?, 40, 124|
|Leyshon, Thomas, malthouse, 32, 35||Leyson, Hopkin, Glynbedd, 1811, 31|
|Leyson, Tho: Jenkin & Alice Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Leyson, Thomas, Cadoxton, 1841, 32, 33|
|Leyson, Thomas, Penscynor House, 1871, c 1891, 53, 58, 61||Leyson, W A, councillor, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Leyson, William, Penscynor, 1861/71, 37, 58||Linnat, James, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Llen, Evan, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Llewelin, John Esq, Caia C?illin & Ynisllinlladd House, 1793, 29|
|Llewelin, Leyson, Cock match, 1703, 21||Llewelin, Phillip, 1714, 21|
|Llewelin (Luellin ?), John, Ynysgerwyn/Kill y bebill, 1654, 18, 19||Llewelin (Luellin ?), Leyshon, Kil y bevan, 18|
|Llewellin, John, Court Roll, 1677, 19||Llewellin, John, Cadoxton, 1721, 22|
|Llewellyn, C J Miss, headmistress, Cilffriw School, 1922, 1949, 86, 89, 91||Llewellyn, David, Penscynor cottages, 1876, c 1891, 1881, 58, 113|
|Llewellyn, Jane, 1721, 22||Llewellyn, John, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Llewellyn, John Talbot Dillwyn, 1876, 58||Llewellyn, ---Mrs, 1770, 26|
|Lleyshon, How'll, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Lleyshon, Rich'd, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Lleyshon, Tho:, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Lleyson, Da:, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Llin, Henricus John, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Lloyd, Evan, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Lloyd, Jn'o, collectr, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Lovat, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Luellin, John, 18||Luellin, Llewelin, 18|
|Luelyn, John, 25||Mackworth, Herbert Esq, 1770, 26|
|Mackworth, Sir Herbert Bart, part of Ynisllinlladd, 1788, 28||Mackworth, Sir Humphrey, 19|
|Mainwaring, ***, school merit certificate, 1974, 102||Mansel, Bussy, Briton Ferry, 1677, 19|
|Mansel, Sir Rice, Margam, c 1541, 13||Mathews, Jenny, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24, 25|
|Matthews, John Rev, Neath, 47, 48, 49||Mclean, family, 134|
|Middleton, Alice, 1700, 22||Middleton, Christopher decd, Middleton Hall/Carms, c1700, 20|
|Middleton, Richard, 1700, 20||Middleton, Walter, 1700, 20|
|Miller, ***, policeman, 1963, 95||Mordecai, --- Mr, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Morgan, ---, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Morgan, ***, Oakview, 137|
|Morgan, *** Mrs, Penscynor, modern, 120||Morgan, Arthur (Arthur Coity), Derwen fawr, 1920s, 132|
|Morgan, Cath: Jn'o Robt, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Morgan, David, valuer, Neath, 1898, 120|
|Morgan, David son of Walter, Cilffriw farm, 15||Morgan, David Thomas, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Morgan, Elizabeth Mrs, Crynant, 59||Morgan, Evan, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Morgan, Hopkin OBE JP, Mayor of Neath, 1922, 133||Morgan, Iorwerth, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Morgan, Jenkin, 1723/4, 23||Morgan, Jenkin, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Morgan, Jenkin, wife Sidvil, children; David, Jenkin, John, Jane, Gwenllian, Ann,||Morgan, Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Morgan, John, Tyrlan, 1875, 44||Morgan, May, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Morgan, ---Mr, School attendance officer, 1914, 82||Morgan, Owen & Samuel, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Morgan, Riseus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Morgan, Suzy, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Morgan, T, conductor, Aberdulais Tin Works Silver band, 1922, 133||Morgan, Thomas, Penderry, 1772, 26, 28|
|Morgans, --- Mr, 1793, 29||Morris, ---, Brynrhos, modern, 39|
|Morris, Beat, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135||Morris, Gwen, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Morris, Idris, Cilffriw School, 1914, 81||Morris, John, Tyrlan, 1875, 44|
|Morris, Nelly, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Morris, Sammy, butcher?, 1948, 91|
|Morris, Samuel & Ben, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135||Morris, W, conductor of singing, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Nicholas, Idris, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126||Nicolas/Nicholas, Moses, Kilfrew, 1870s, 43, 44|
|Owen, George Esq, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Owen, Gwilym, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124|
|Owen, Thomas, Penscynor, 1881, 58||Page, ***, Cilffriw, 127|
|Page, Evelyn Mrs, 63||Page, Harold, Cilfrew Colliery, 124|
|Page, Tom, 133||Parker, David John, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124|
|Parry, E Rev, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133||Parry, Fred L (BA), , WWI memorial Service, 133|
|Parry, Gwyn, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Parry, William J, , WWI memorial Service, 133|
|Parsons, ---Mr, Dunbal(?) & Bankers Marsh, 1793, 29||Parsons, ---Mr, yard by Neath Bridge, 1793, 29|
|Parsons, R'd(?) Mr, Drenache(?) & Penllwin & Gwain Goch, 1793, 29||Patti, Madam, 1899, 118|
|Payne, Hannah, chip shop, Tynllechau, 133||Payne, John Llewellyn, 59|
|Payne, Johnny, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Pell, ---Dr, Aberdulais, 134|
|Penry, Jenkinus John, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Penry, Willm, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Pethram, Jessie Mrs, Cilffriw, 59||Phillips, George, 1920s, 133|
|Phillips, George/Catherine, Derwen Fawr, 1891, 63||Phillips, May, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Popkin, Mary Mrs & dau Frances, & son Tho., Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24||Popkins, John, Cock match, 1703, 21|
|Popkins, Thomas, Cock match, 1703, 21||Potter, D H & T H, Cilffriw School, 1914, 81|
|Powel, family, Hafod Wenog, 1851, 37||Powell, *** Mr, Head Teacher, 1980, 103, 105|
|Powell, David, Cambridge, 1666, 19||Powell, David Baden brother of Evelyn Powell who married Ivor Page, Derwen fawr, 1920s, 132|
|Powell, E B Rev, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133||Powell, Evan, Derwen fawr, 1891, 63|
|Powell, family, Derwen fawr, 46||Powell, Henricus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Powell, Jeff, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Powell, John, son of David/Rachel, Glyn y Bedd, 1688, 20|
|Powell, Rees, 1654, 18||Prees, Mary Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Prees, Sam:, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Prell, --- Dr, C20, 73|
|Price, *** nee Rees, Dynevor, 122||Price, Bon, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Price, Catherine, 25||Price, David, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124|
|Price, Gryffydd, Penllergare, 1778, 27||Price, Jane, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24|
|Price, Mary, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24, 25||Price, Thomas, 25|
|Price, William Esq, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Price, Willimus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Pritchard, E Rev, Skewen, 1867?, 49||Pritchard, ---Rev, Calvinistic Methodist, Aberdulais, 1867?, 49|
|Rees, *** Mr, New Rd, 122||Rees, Benjamin, Henllan Isha/Llantwit & Bryncaws Inn, 1871, 50|
|Rees, Blod, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Rees, David, tinman, Penscynor, 1881, 58|
|Rees, David jun & family, Gelli March farm, 1871, 1891, 50, 58, 63, 122||Rees, David snr, Gilly March farm, 1840, 31|
|Rees, Edward, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Rees, H Rev, Ystradgynlais, 1867?, 49|
|Rees, Jenkin, Tynlleche(Tyn y Llecha), 1788, 1793, 28, 29||Rees, Jenkin, Kilfrew, 1875, 44|
|Rees, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Rees, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41|
|Rees, Marie(Mary), Brynrhos, 1891, 49||Rees, Mary, Brynrhos, 1891, 63|
|Rees, Nancy Mrs, New Rd, 117||Rees, Thomas, 1714, 21|
|Rees, Thomas, Bryncaws, 1788, 28||Rees, Tho's, Hendras?/Tor Cefn Colliery, 1875, 44|
|Rees, Tommy, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126||Rees, William, , Hendras?/Tor Cefn Colliery, 1875, 44|
|Rees, William & sister Jennet, Tydraw House, 1876, 1891, 55, 63||Reese, --- Dr, 125|
|Regan, ***, March Hywel, modern, 121||Rice, George Talbot Rt Hon (Lord Dynevor), 1841, 32|
|Rice (Rhys), Griffith, Dinefwr/Carms, C17, 26||Richard, Lewis, Tydraw, 1788, 28|
|Richard, Thomas, Tydraw & Tyhir, 1793, 29||Rich'd, Eliz, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Rich'd, Griffith, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Rich'd, Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Robert, Thomas, Erwr Davolen, 1577, 17||Roberts, J Rev, Neath, 1867?, 49|
|Robinson, John, Penscynor cottages, 1871, 53||Roger, William, Glynbedd, 1811, 31|
|Rogers, John, Cock match, 1703, 21||Rogers, Juan(?) wid, Court Roll, 1677, 19|
|Rogers, William, 1700, 20, 21||Rogers, W'm Mr, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Rosser, John, New Rd, 1891, 61||Rosser, Richard, Aberdulais & Cilffriw Tinworks, 1876, 55|
|Rosser, Thomas, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Rosser, William, blacksmith, 1878, Dylais Rock Hotel/Aberdulais, 58|
|Rosser, William, Cilffriw Tinworks, 1881, 60||Rowland, Daniel Rev, Trefecca, 1745, 23|
|Rumsey, Henry, Sudbrook/Monmouth, 1666, 19||Samuel, David, 1714, 21|
|Samuel, John, Derwenfawr, 1873, 46||Saunders, Mrs M, Head Teacher, 1949, 91, 92|
|Saunders, Susannah, 1788, 28||Saunders Davies Estate, 32, 52, 55, 60|
|Scaplethorne, *** Mr, 117||Sercombe, Ernie, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Sercombe, family, 52||Sercombe, Sid, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Seys, Catherine, 27||Seys, Evan, Boverton, 1721, 22|
|Seys, Matthew/Alice, 1700, 20, 21, 22, 25||Seys, R Mrs, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24|
|Seys, Rachael Mrs, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24, 25, 27||Seys , Richard Esq, Rhyddings, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17, 21|
|Seys, Richard/Jane, Gent, Swanzey, 1714, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26||Seys, Rich'd Esq, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Seys, William, 1700, 20, 21||Seys, William, 1770, 25|
|Sidvil, Elizabeth, Mary, Morgan, Llanguick, 1750, 24||Smith, Elizabeth, Swansea, 1762, 24|
|Smythe, Customer, Aberdulais, pre 1585, 18||Stanfords, family, bakers, Aberdulais, 1891, 61|
|Stanley, William, C17, 26||Stephens, family, Tirlan, modern, 32|
|Stradling, Sir Thomas, c 1541, 13||Thomas, Benjamin Rev, Gurnos, 47, 49|
|Thomas, Catherine, Dan y Rhiw family, 1891, 63||Thomas, Dafydd, Derwen Fawr, after 1865, 47|
|Thomas, David, , WWI memorial Service, 133||Thomas, Davie, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Thomas, D'd Jn'o, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Thomas, Edward, Dan y Rhiw, 1770, 1788, 25, 28|
|Thomas, Edward, Brinyddrainen, 1793, 29||Thomas, Edward, Danyheol (Dan y Rhiw), 1840, 31, 58|
|Thomas, Evan, ex Tynllechau Ucha, 1861, 38||Thomas, Evan decd, 1793, 29|
|Thomas, family, Dan y rhiw, 1871, 50||Thomas, family, Dan Rhiw, 46, 63|
|Thomas, Gwenllian, Glyn y Bedd, 1719, 22||Thomas, Gwilym, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Thomas, H A, School fire watcher, 1943, 89||Thomas, Henry, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Thomas, Hopkin, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23||Thomas, Howell, poet of Cilffriw, C16, 13, 19|
|Thomas, Ivor, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Thomas, John, Gilvach, 1793, 29|
|Thomas, John, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Thomas, Llewellyn, Glynrhigos, 1903, 19|
|Thomas, Meredith, Dan y Rhiw, 59||Thomas, ---Mr, Cilffriw School, 1921, 85|
|Thomas, ---Mrs Tom, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135||Thomas, Philip, Swansea, 1792, 28|
|Thomas, Philip, TynyrHeol, 1793, 29||Thomas, Richardus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Thomas, Riseus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Thomas, Robert, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Thomas, Rogerus, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17||Thomas, Ted, Cilfrew mine, 1920s, 126|
|Thomas, Thomas (Batchelor?) Mr Rev, 1788, 28||Thomas, Thomas Popkin, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577 , 16, 17|
|Thomas, William, 1714, 21||Thomas, W'm, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Thomas, W'm, Court Roll, 1677, 19||Thomas, W'm, Cock match, 1703, 21|
|Thorne, Aaron, New Rd, 1891, 61||Tho's, David, 1770, 25|
|Toms, Nicholas, Penscynor cottages, 1871, 53||Traherne, Elinor Mrs, Castella, Cousin Seys Will, 1767, 24|
|Turberville, Christopher, c 1541, 13||Turberville, ---Mrs, 1793, 29|
|Vernon, --- Esq, 1770, 26||Vernon, Lord, 1793, 29|
|Watkin, Thomas, Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery worker, 1866?, 41||Watkins, ***Mrs, Head Teacher, 1952, 1968, 92, 97|
|Watkins, May, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Watkins, Trevor, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Watkins, William, from Breconshire, 1871, 52||Weekes, Nicholas, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|White, John, Cadoxton Manor Survey, 1577, 17||Whitelock, Leonard, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82|
|Whitelock, Viv, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Whitelock, Will, Hermon chapel pageant, early C20, 135|
|Wilkins, B Mrs, School canteen, 1945, 90||Wilkins, Ellis, Derwen fawr, 1920s, 132|
|William, D'd, Blaenpelina?, 1875, 44||William, Elias, Derwen Vawr farm, 1770, 25|
|William, Elias, Kilfriw, 1788, 28||William, George, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|William, Griffith, Derwen Vawr farm, 1770, 1778, 25, 28||William, Howell Thomas, Ty Richard Dy & Ederbyn(?), 1577, 17|
|William, Howell Thomas, 1577, 17||Williams, ***, Maes y Deri, 1999, 112|
|Williams, *** Mrs, Headmistress, 1980, 103||Williams, Ann, Glynrhigos, 1745, 23|
|Williams, Ann, Glynrhigos, d 1891, 23||Williams, D , conductor of singing, WWI memorial Service, 1922, 133|
|Williams, D J MP, 1953, 93||Williams, David, New Rd, 1891, 61|
|Williams, David, Cilfrew Colliery, 1915, 124||Williams, Dick father of Elizabeth Mary who married John Thomas Maes y Deri, Derwen fawr, 1920s, 132|
|Williams, ---Dr, Wisconsin, 1851, 35||Williams, family, Glynrhigos, 9, 11, 50, 58|
|Williams, family, Hafodwonnog, 58||Williams, family, Derwen fawr, 46|
|Williams, family, ex Tydraw, 1851, 37||Williams, Gr., Cock match, 1703, 21|
|Williams, Henry, mason, Tirlan, 1851, 1871, 37, 50||Williams, Id, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84|
|Williams, Ivor, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Williams, Jenkin, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Williams, Jenkin, 1770, 25||Williams, John decd, Glynrhigos, 1891, 23|
|Williams, John gent, Havod Wonnog & Glynrigos, 1811, 1840, 31||Williams, Katy, Glynrhigos, 134|
|Williams, Leyshon, Recorder of Neath, 1654, 18||Williams, Leyson, Cock match, 1703, 21|
|Williams, Lizzie Mary, Cilffriw Junior School, 1916, 82||Williams, Mary Jane, Tabor Bryncaws, Sunday School class, 134|
|Williams, Peggy, Glynrhigos, 23||Williams, Phillip, Glynrhigos, 1677, 19|
|Williams, Phillip, Cock match, 1703, 21||Williams, Roger, Freeholders list/Cadoxton j Neath, 1722, 23|
|Williams, Sir Richard (Cromwell), 1541, 13, 17||Williams, Thomas, 1714, 21|
|Williams, Thomas Esq, Court Herbert Farm/Cae Trybor(?)/Morva-yt(?)-ychen/Ceven y wern/Cai Gloc(?), 1793, 29||Williams, Tommy, Maes y Deri, 134|
|Williams, Will, Evening Welsh class, c 1920?, 84||Williams, William, Kilfrew farm, 1840, 31|
|Williams, Winnie, 134||Willm, Howell, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Willms, Tho:, Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20||Wisken, Ernest W, , WWI memorial Service, 133|
|Wyatt, Mabel, 121||Wyndham, Thomas/Jane, Glyn y Bedd, 1719, 22|
|Wyndham, William, Cowbridge, 1688, 20||Wynter, Sir William, Aberdulais, pre 1585, 18|
|xpopher (?), Eliz., Hearth Tax Parcell Blaen Hanthan, 1670, 20|
|Aberdulais, 18, 35, 46, 166||Aberdulais National School, 74, 76|
|Aberdulais Primary School, 95||Aberdulais Tinworks School, 72, 73|
|Aberdulais Tin Works Silver Band, 133||Band of Hope/Pisgah, 133, 208|
|Big Jims, 36||Black Mountains, 7, 8|
|Blaendulais/Seven Sisters, 125||Blaenhonddan, 19|
|Blaenhonddan Uchaf, 123||Blue Anchor public house, 25|
|Bowens Row, 50, 51, 59||Brecon, 39|
|Brecon Beacons, 7, 113||Brinllefrith farm/Llanguick parish, 30|
|Brynamlwg Hall, 60, 63||Bryncaws farm, 30, 47, 50, 196|
|Bryncaws Inn, 50, 58, 193||Bryncoch Male Voice Choir, 105|
|Bryngelli House/Penscynor, 35, 147||Brynglas, 61, 113|
|Brynhyfryd Cottages(Bowens Row), 50||Brynrhos, 47, 49, 59, 74|
|Brynteg Colliery, 129||Brynygwidd (?), 18|
|C?oen ffordd, 19||Cadoxton, 8, 13|
|Cadoxton Marsh, 25||Cadoxton new School, 88|
|Cadoxton Operatic Society, 105||Cadoxton School, 72, 73|
|Cadoxton Secondary School, 89||Cae Betti Fach, 8|
|Cae Gwyn, 9||Cae March Gwyn, 9|
|Cae Pen y Sconor, 26||Cae'r Ysgol, 74|
|Cambrian Mining School, Porth, 129||Castle Hotel/Neath, 125|
|Cefn Coed Colliery, 136, 163, 188||Cefn Saison, 26|
|Cefn yr allt, 61||Cefnygarth/Llanguick, 30|
|Cenfaes fach, 123||Cilffriw farm, 13, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 31, 38, 50, 58, 89|
|Cilffriw Hotel, 58, 150, 204, 205||Cilffriw House, 59|
|Cilffriw Primary School/Penscynor, 103||Cilffriw School, 76, 77, 78, 79, 159|
|Cilffriw Station, 61||Cilffriw/Cilfrew Colliery, 58, 121, 124, 125|
|Cilffriw/Cilfrew Colliery Company, 47, 123||Cilffriw/Cilfrew Tinworks, 55, 56, 57, 113, 123|
|Cilfrew Graig Colliery Company, 123||Clynerigos(Glyn Rhigos), 18|
|Coed Graig-y-Gigfran, 26||Coed y Glyn, 19|
|Craig y Nos castle, 118||Crymlyn brook, 12|
|Crynant, 23, 114||Crynant School, 89|
|Cwm, the, 166||Cwm Nedd Infants School, 95|
|Cwmbach Rd/Cadoxton, 123||Cwrt Herbert, 12|
|Dan rhiw farm, 12, 19, 31, 55||Derlwyn farm/Cadoxton parish, 30|
|Derwen Fawr farm, 31, 39, 40, 47, 51, 55||Derwen Vawr, 20, 22, 123, 124|
|Derwen Fawr Cottages, 166, 188, 193, 194||Drim Colliery, 39|
|Dulais river, 12, 19||Dulais valley, 7+|
|Dulais Valley Mineral railway, 39||Dylais cottage, 37|
|Dynevor Farm, 123||Dynevor House, 32|
|Fursy Ground, 26||Gelli March farm, 25, 29, 123|
|Gellia Colliery, 39||Gellia seam, 123|
|Gellia-Cadoxton Steam Coal Collieries, 48||Gelly y March farm, 23|
|Gellyddavid (?), 18||Gellygaled, 58|
|Gellynydd/Kilibebill parish, 30||Glyn Bedd, 9|
|Glyn y Bedd, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24||Glyngwillym Isaf/Resolven, 23|
|Glyngwilym seam, 123||Glynneath Secondary Modern School, 105|
|Glynrhigos Farm. 9, 11, 12, 18, 19, 23, 38, 50||Glywysing, 8|
|Graig Gladys mountain, 39, 123||Graig level, 123|
|Graig-y-Gigfran, 26||Guterfawr, 30|
|Gwaun Pen y Sconor, 26||Gwraig Gladys, 8|
|Hafod Craig Gladis, 36||Hafod Wennog, 18|
|Hafod Wonnog, 34, 51||Havod wanno Kaenewidd (Hafod Wennog?), 18|
|Hermon chapel, 60, 144||Holy Land, 8|
|Hughes seam, 123||Iron Bridge, 159|
|Kenfig, 7||Keven Seyson, 20, 22|
|Kill y bevan, 18||Killfrue, 20|
|Llangatwg Primary School, 95||Lletty tregareth/Kilibebill parish, 30|
|Lletyrafel farm, 23||Llynllechau, 26, 53|
|Maesmawr, 25||Maes-y-Deri, 26, 50, 123, 203|
|Main Rd, 63, 113, 144||March Howel Colliery, 39, 46, 48, 50|
|March Hywel (Howel), 7, 8, 19, 24, 26, 38, 46, 47, 174, 202, 203||Meisgyn, 8|
|Morganwg, 8||Mount Gladys, 26|
|Mynydd Gelly yr March, 23||Nant y garn, 19|
|Nant y Vaugh., 19||Nant Ysprid, 9|
|National Trust, 73||Neath Abbey Estate, 25|
|Neath Abbey/Monastery, 7, 8, 12, 13||Neath and Brecon Railway, 39, 113|
|Neath Castle, 8+||Neath Golf Club, 123|
|Neath market, 59||Neath river, 12|
|Neath valley, 7+||New Road, 55, 58, 59, 60, 61, 113|
|Onllwyn, 39||Pen Sconor Issa/Ucha, 25|
|Penllwynmoyrick(?), 25||Penscynor, 25, 26, 33, 36, 37, 53, 113, 58, 60, 63, 113, 120, 166|
|Penscynor Bird Gardens, 208||Pentre Hill cottages, 55, 58, 59|
|Penylan farm/Llanguick parish, 30||Pines, 203|
|Pinewood, 26, 53||Pisgah Chapel, 23, 119, 142, 144, 148|
|Pisgah Chapel hall, 94||Pisgah vestry, 59, 177|
|Pleasant Hill, 58, 60||Pomllwynmoyrick(?), 25|
|Pontardawe, 125||Pontrhydyfen, 144|
|Post Office, 58, 61, 62, 166||Reservoir, 166|
|Resolven School, 86||Rhyddings, 8|
|Rhyddings Colliery, 39||Road to Tinworks, 55|
|Rossers Terrace, 26, 53, 113||Savigny, France, 8|
|Sercombes, 52||Seven Sisters, 114, 119, 125|
|Sidings, 39, 40, 47, 51, 55, 113, 123||Sunny Ban farm/Penscynor, 143|
|Swansea Bay, 7||Tabor Bryncaws School, 73|
|Tabor chapel/Bryncaws, 39, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 74, 86||The Great Orchard, 26|
|The Pines, 60||Threshers cottage, 33, 37|
|Tinworks site, 203||Tirlan, 47, 50, 51, 58, 60, 196-198|
|Tom Rogers' House, 53||Tonmawr, 125|
|Tonmawr mountain, 52||Tonna, 166|
|Tonydufa--?/Kilibebill parish, 30||Torcefn, 47, 50, 51, 58, 60, 196|
|Torcefn Chemical Works, 50, 52||Torcefn Colliery, 39, 46, 48, 50, 74, 90|
|Torcefn dram road, 123||Torcefn March Howell Collieries, 58|
|Trefecca, 23||Tulcan, 193|
|Turnpike Rd., 26||Tydraw, 29, 55, 63, 123|
|Tydraw House, 63, 125, 200||Tyhir, 29|
|Tyn y Wern, 26||Tyn yr Heol, 23|
|Tynewydd, 58||Tynllechau, 17, 26, 29, 37, 53, 55, 135, 144|
|Tyr y rha, 20, 22||Tyrfforestykevan (Torcefn?), 18|
|Tyrlan, 47||Wenallt seam, 123|
|Wern Olau, 26||West Winds, 201|
|Windsor Cienema, 93||Worms' Head, 7|
|Ynis y bont, 25||Ynisvadock, 25|
|Yniswen/Llanguick parish, 30||Ynysllinlladd, 25, 29|
|Ynysmeudw farm, 24||Zoar chapel, 47, 48|
Individual names in group photographs are generally included in the main indexes unless stated to the contrary or included here.
- Aberdulais School, various un-named photographs of children and staff, 74, 75
- Aberdulais Tinworks School (now National Trust shop), 73
- Aerial view of part of village, 53
- Aldrich/Ament, ***, modern, 36
- Alvis, Henry and family (Albert,William, Alice, Henry, Selina, Aice Maud, Bridget) with William Griffiths, 62
- Andrews, ---Mrs wife of Harry, Pleasant Hill (Top Rd), 1904, 122
- Andrews, Harold, New Rd, WWI, 129
- Cadoxton Central School, 2 un-named groups,1930, 87
- Cilffriw House, 59
- Cilffriw Junior School, Group 1, 1916, 82
- Cilffriw School, no names/date, c 1916, 83
- Cilffriw School, sundry groups, no names, 1948/9/50/52/54/55/58/60/67/68/69/71/72-80+?, 90-111
- Cilffriw School, Mrs Watkins leaving presentation, inc Mr *** Davies and Mrs *** Williams, 1968, 97
- Cilffriw School, Jones, ***, Meredith, ***, Morgan, ***, school prize winners and Mr *** Davies, 1970, 98
- Cilffriw school, Mrs *** Lewis's farewell, undated, 1980s?, 105
- Cilffriw School, opened in 1914, 79
- Cilffriw Station, after 1895, 113
- Cilffriw Tinworks, and remains of Ll Bowen's chemical works, 114
- Cilffriw Tinworks stack in view, 114
- Cilffriw village, view showing buildings in New Rd, c 1900, 113
- Cilfrew Colliery, stack, engine house ruins & air shaft today, 124
- Cilfrew Colliery (Kil a cow), group of miners, 1920s, 126
- Davies, David, mother Mary and daughter Mary Ann, Tynllechau/Rosser Terrace, c 1892, 120
- Derwen Fawr, group of men living there c 1920s ; Jack Harris, Rees Davies, Arthur Morgan, David Baden Powell, Ellis Wilkins, Dick Williams, 132
- Evans, Glyn, Rockfield, 127
- Evans Bevan, offices at Neath, 136
- Evening Welsh class group at Cilffriw School, c 1920 ?, 84
- Farmers' Outing to Glanne Wells, un-named, 1912, 127
- Harries, Mary and children, cottage near Brynamlwg, c 1881, 60
- Hermon chapel, 60
- Hermon chapel pageant group, early C20, 135
- Hill, Gwenllian, wife of William, 120
- Hill, Thomas and family, son of William, 120
- Howells, John of the shop and nephew, 62
- Howells, John/Anne of Post Office and 7 children , 63
- James, Fred/Mary, Sidings Houses/Main Rd, 122
- Jenkins, Daniel/Mabel, 121
- Jenkins, John, and daughter, son of Daniel/Hannah of Deri Fach, after 1875, 121
- Jones, Betti Miss, of Bryncaws, 49
- Jones, David Morgan, Danrhiw, WWI, 128
- Jones, David/Jane of Danyrhiw?, with Ned Rees of Dynevor, and American visitors, 1920s, 135
- Jones, Edward R, Glynbedd, 36
- Jones, James at Dan y rhiw farm with un-named visitors, 135
- Jones, Jane, Bryncaws, 36
- Jones, Jane/Elizabeth/Eleanor/Margaret, 61
- Jones, Jane and baby, wife of David, Glynrhigos, pre 1903, 120
- Jones, Rowland, deacon, with wife and family, 116
- Lewis, Hercules/Mary, station master, and unnamed others, 116
- Leyson, Thomas, house of, 33
- Matthews, John Rev, 1847-1880, 49
- Morgan, Johnny and wife and 4 children, 136
- Neath Valley, view from the rear of Pleasant Hill, Cilffriw, 31
- Nicholas, the 3 sisters of Idris with Jane Thomas of Oakview, 138
- Payne, Johnny, with stepmother Hannah, 132
- Penscynor Halt, 113
- Penscynor street view, taken by Ned Bowen, showing Arthur and Willie Aubrey, 134
- Phillips, ***, March Hywel, 1927, 86, 133
- Phillips, David, wood worker,New Rd, 128
- Phillips, George, March Hywel, 133
- Pisgah Chapel, 119, 137
- Rees, sisters of Gellimarch, 122
- Rees, Nancy, letter from Neath & Brecon Railway in 1946, 117
- Roberts, Evan, Revival Meetings, Western Mail extract of 28 Jan 1905, 121
- Rosser, Evelyn and Mr Mclean on wedding day, 134
- Tabor Bryncaws, Sunday School class, the children's surnames are Morgan, Howells, Davies, Edwards, 134
- Tabor Bryncaws School group, not named, 1877, 73
- Tabor chapel, 48
- Thomas, George on horse back, Sunny Bank, c 1900, 127
- Thomas, Llewellyn and family plus a Mrs Harris, Danrhiw farmhouse, pre 1900, 19
- Three sisters, Linda, Susan and Gwladys, 138
- Tinplate workers at Cilffriw (only ones named are Glyn Evans/Terry Evans/John Hopkins), 1890/6, 56
- Torcefn cottages, Tirlan, two views of ruins, 38
- Village trip, surnames include Davies, Morgan, 138
- War memorial, 133
- Wern Olau field, gathering hay, group of people include surnames; Challinor, Davies, Griffiths, Morgan, 138
- Wheeler, Benjamin/ Agnes with sons Benjamin Elwyn Jenkins and Ewart Rosser, 61
- Williams, Peggy at Glynrhigos during C19, 23
- Williams, ---Mrs, outside her sweet shop at 6 Pleasant Hill, also Mrs Evans the Station Master's wife, 132
- Williams, Catherine Mary, 136
- Williams, Winnie and Mary Hill, at Dr Pell's house, Aberdulais, 134
Individual names in the following items are generally included in the main indexes, but NOT those of single name documents or those with some illegible entries, both types are marked * below.
- Abbey estate, Rentroll, 1793, 29
- Andrews, Harold, European War medal 1915 & letters home from France, 1916, 129, 130
- Bevan, David Martyn Evans, presentation brochure, 1947, 125
- Board of Education Minutes dated 1914 re 'temporary' School, 79
- Bryncaws Inn tally book page of the 1870s, 43
- Butler, James of Swansea, Will , 1778, 27
- Cadoxton Lordship, Schedule of part of Survey of, c 1577 , 16, 17
- Carter & Sons, Sheffield; adverts for Fly Spray, Insect Powder, Senna Pods, Fullers Earth and various Vapour Rubs, etc etc 126, 131, 137
- Cilfrew Colliery Co Ltd, receipted bill for coal dated 1919, addressed to Mr T Rees, Gellimarch Farm, 125
- Cilffriw Junior Mixed School report, 1921, 85
- Cilfrew memorial service to WWI dead, 1922
- Cilffriw School, Western Mail letter re prize winners, see also photographs, 1970, 98
- Cilffriw School, Sketch plan of premises, 78
- Cilffriw School Log Book pages, from 1914 to 1980, 80-103
- Cilffriw Station, statement of traffic throughput, 1935-40, 115
- Cilffriw Station, tickets and timetable, 117, 118
- Cilffriw Tinplate Works, Letter to a Mr Paddison of Neath, 1884, 57
- Cilffriw Voluntary School, letter from Parochial School Committee of Blaenhonddan parish to residents in 1896, 77
- Cilfrew Colliery, list of prices for Hughes seam, 1915, 124
- Coll hi'r March, Cadoxton Church Lay register, two burial entries (Kath Evan/Ewan of; and John S of Lowis/Lewis Griff of), pre 1648, 10
- Court Roll of Cadoxton, 1677, 19 *
- Dan y rhiw farm, Receipt for £169 in respect of the sale of the lease to David Jones by Llewellyn Thomas, 1903, 122
- Danrhiw farm, valuation, 1898, 120
- Eisteddfod, at Hermon CM Chapel, 1939, poster with details of programme, 144
- Elegy by Llewelyn Sion on Howel Thomas son of Thos. ap Wm, 13
- Elegy to Thomas ap William ap Howel from 'History of the Vale of Neath', 14
- Embroidered bag saying 'Pisgah 1922' awarded to winners in the Eisteddfod, 132
- Evans & Bevan, a poem of appreciation by D Mardy Jones, 1947, 125
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Daniel/Jemima Jenkins family of Sidings Cottages, 68
- Family Tree from 1891 census, David/Sarah Rees family of Gelli March, 67
- Family Tree from 1891 census, George/Catherine Phillips family of Derwen Fawr, 71
- Family Tree from 1891 census, John Jones family of Bryncaws Inn, 70
- Family Tree from 1891 census, John/Ann Howells family of Tynllechau Cottage, 68
- Family Tree from 1891 census, John/Eliz Jenkins family of Tynllechau Rd, 70
- Family Tree from 1891 census, John/Gwenllian Davies family of Glynbedd farm, 69
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Llewellyn Thomas family of Dan y Rhiw Farm, 64
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Mary Davies family of Tynllechau Cottage, 65
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Morgan/Jennet Jones family of Cilfrew Road, 67
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Owen/Elizabeth Morgan family of New Road, 66
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Samuel Morgan family of New Road, 66
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Thomas/Ann Jenkins family of Tynllechau Road, 65
- Family Tree from 1891 census, Thomas/Margaret James family of Tynllechau Rd, 69
- Family Tree from 1891 census, William/Mary Davies family of Tynllechau Rd, 71
- Freeholders and copyholders lists in Neath Ultra, part, 1654, 18
- Hearth Tax schedule of 1670, 20
- 'History of the Vale of Neath', Extracts from re 'The Cilffriw Family' and 'The Two Poets of Cilffriw', 13
- Hopkins, John, diary re work at Cilffriw tinworks, 1891, 56
- Howell, John, Post Office, receipted bill to T Rees, 1913, 131
- Jones, David Morgan of Danrhiw, postcard from Egypt, 128
- Jones, Rowland, GWR service record, wef 1913, 115
- Ledger sheet showing movement of coal from Tor Cefn colliery, 42
- Leigh, Capel Hanbury & John Jones of Brinbrain, Proposal for exchange of property, 1810, 30
- Letter to a newspaper re Indian tinplate imports, 1923, 57
- Lewis, W'm, Articles for Cock Match, , 21
- Lewis, Cyril Henry, GWR service record, wef 1921, 116
- Lewis, Hercules, GWR service record, wef 1911, 115
- Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, extract re Cadoxton juxta Neath parish, 9
- Locomotive used on Neath & Brecon railway, 40
- Map --- Cilfrew Colliery underground, 123
- Map --- Footpaths and footbridges in Cilffriw [showing railway and land owned by Llewellyn, Tennant & Saunders Davies), 119
- Map--- malthouse, indenture of 1841 Lord Dynevor to Thomas Leyson, 32
- Map---Neath Abbey lands, 12
- Map---Neath and Brecon Railway line, 39
- Map---Survey map of lands in 1770, then part of Ynysllinlladd, 26
- Neath & Brecon Line, Table showing traffic from 1896, 114
- Neath & District Fighter Plane Fund, advert in The Guardian 18th Oct 1940, 157
- Neath Empire Cinema, Oct 1940?, main films showing were Eddie Cantor in 'Forty Little Mothers' & Clark Gable/Joan Crawford in 'Strange Cargo', 157
- Patti, Madam Nicolini, special railway timetable on her wedding in 1899 to Baron Cederstrom, 118
- Payne, John, of Aberdulais, Perfect Attendance Certificate at Aberdulais School, 1922, 76
- Phillips, James, Neath Shoeing Forge, receipted billto Mr Rees, Gellimarch, 1919, 130
- Poem re patronymic naming problems, 15
- Seys, Contents of Cousin (Jane) 's Will, 1767, 24
- Seys, Jane & Rachael, estate of, Tenancy document, 1770, 25
- Seys family pedigree, 22 *
- Seys Marriage Settlement details (names not indexed), 1721, 22
- South Wales Casualties, official list, names not extracted, WWI, 130
- Tax raising schedule of Blaenhonddan hamlet, 1788, 28
- The Homecoming (poem), 10
- Tor Cefn Colliery, list of male young persons aged 12 and under 13 employed below ground in 1873/4, 46
- Tor Cefn Colliery, list of male persons employed in 1875, 44, 45
- Tor Cefn March Howell Colliery, Ledger sheet showing shifts worked per man from, 41
- Torcefn March Hywel Collieries account book page for Llewellyn Bowen & Sons, 1874, 50
- Williams family of Glynrhigos pedigree charts, 11*, 12*
- Rosa for Salcombe
- John Herbert for Caernarvon
- Lilydale SS for Boulogne
- Schireigaard for Quebec
- Acklington for Cork
- Queen of the South for Teignmouth
- Lark for Fremington
- George Eliot for Boulogne
- Marseilles for Caen
- Atlantique SS for La Rochelle
- Holderness SS for Cronstadt
- Cwmavan for Port Dinorwic
- The coal barge 'Touch me not' was also listed.
These few references are those that struck me in passing as being interesting, not to be taken as a full index in any sense.
- Charcoal, 55
- Cistercian order, 8, 12
- Coal mining, 18, 19, 32, 34
- Cock fighting, 21
- Emigration, 35
- Farming, 32
- Flannel, 59
- March Hywel naming legends, 8, 10
- Round House Boys, 52
- Scab outbreak in sheep, 1281, 12
- Story of the Williams/Glynrhigos shawl, 1745, 23
- White monks, 8
- Joseph Davies
- Catherine Davies
- Maria Davies
- Ann Davies
- Jonathon Davies
- John Baker
- Thomas Lewis
- Jane Lewis
- Thomas Leyson
Tyrlan (Hafod Wennog), 33
- John Williams
- Ann Williams
- Henry Williams
- Mary Williams
- Phillip Williams
- William Jones
- Llewellyn Jones
- Mary Edward
- Caroline Bowen
- Hannah Jones
- Thomas Jenkins
- Margaret Jenkins
- David Jenkins
- Margaret Jenkins
- Richard Jenkins
- Catherine Jenkins
- Thomas Jenkins
Tynllechau Isha (Below Rossers Terrace, demolished after 1900), 34
- Lewis Jones
- Ann Jones
- William Jones
- Mary Jones
- Gwillim Jones
- John Jones
- Lewis Jones
- Ann Jones
- Griffith Jones
- Margaret Jones
- David Jones
- Ebenezer Jones
Cilfrew Bach (Cilffriw House today), 34
- Samuel Evans
- Hannah Evans
- Richard Evans
- Thomas Evans
Tynllechau Ucha (Tynllechau today), 34
- Evan Thomas
- Jennet Thomas
- Thomas Thomas
- Evan Thomas
- Ann Thomas
- Jennet Thomas
Cilfrew Farm, 34
- William Williams
- Catherine Williams
- Griffith Williams
- Richard Howell
- Mary Howell
- William Howell
- Rees Howell
- Margaret Thomas
- Margaret Lewis
- Jenkin William
- Mary William
- Jennet William
- Llewellyn William
- William Jenkins
- William David
Dan y Rhiw, 34
- Edward Thomas
- Mary Thomas
- Alice Thomas
- Thomas Thomas
- Sarah Thomas
- Hopkin Thomas
- Catherine Thomas
- Edward Thomas
- William Thomas
- Mary Thomas
- Noah Thomas
Dderwen Fawr, 34
- Richard Hopkin
- Margaret Hopkin
- Richard Hopkin
- Margaret Hopkin
- Elizabeth Hopkin
- Mary Hopkin
- Hannah Hopkin
- Sarah Hopkin
- Levi James
- Hannah Williams
- Owen Jones
- Elizabeth Jones
- James Jones
- David Jones
- John Jones
- Ebenezer Jones
- Elizabeth Jones
- Mary Jones
- Angharad Jones
- William Thomas
Gelli March, 35
- David Rees
- David Rees
- Jennet Rees
- Margaret Rees
- Thomas Thomas
- Elinor ?
- Gwenllian ?
- Richard Jones
- Catherine Jones
- Edward Jones
- Sarah Jones
- Elias Jones
- Gwenllian Jones
- Thomas Jones
- William Jones
- Mary Jones
- Hannah Jones
- Mary Lewis
- Thomas Leyson
- Elizabeth Leyson
- Mary Elizabeth Leyson
- Robert Thomas Leyson
- Catherine Leyson
- William Leyson
- John Leyson
- Mary Leyson
- Mary Thomas
- Mary Davies
- Mary Thomas
- David Rees
- George Bowden
- Thomas Thomas
Hafod Craig Gladis, 37
- William Leyson
- Mary Howells
- William Morgan
- Caroline Morgan
- William Clark
- Glorabeth Clark
- Manberg Clark
- John Morris
Tor y Cefn, 51
- Robert Davies
- Elizabeth Davies
- John Davies
- William Davies
- David Davies
- Mary Davies
Tor y cefn cottage, 51
- David Evans
- Elizabeth Evans
- David Evans
- Mary Evans
- Thomas Evans
- Eliza Evans
- Ann Evans
- John Evans
Tirlan cottage, 51
- Thomas Rees
- Martha Rees
- John Rees
Tirlan cottage, 51
- David Jones
- Mary Jones
- Sarah Jones
Tirlan cottage, 51
- Daniel Jenkins
- Jemima Jenkins
- David Jenkins
- James Jenkins
- John Jenkins
- David Jones
- Evan Jones
- John Jones
Hafod Wonog, 51
- David Rees
- Elizabeth Rees
- John Lloyd
Hafod Wonog, 51
- William Davies
- Margaret Davies
- Thomas Davies
- William Davies
- Richard Davies
- Mary Davies
- Ann Davies
- Elizabeth Davies
- Howel Jeffreys
- Catherine Jeffreys
- William Jeffreys
- Llewellyn Jeffreys
Tirlan cottage, 51
- David Watkins
- Ann Watkins
- David Watkins
Derwen fawr cottages, 51, 52
These men below occupied 6 cottages between them, each had a wife and 26 children in all;
- William Davies
- David Evan
- John Morgan
- David Davies
- Howell Howell
- David Williams
(House name not in book but probably Cilffriw Bach or weaver's cottage), 60
- John Davies
- Mary Ann Davies
- John Henry Davies
- Thomas Henry Davies
- James Davies
- Elizabeth Davies
- John Morgan
- Ann Parker
- Mary Jones
Brynamlwg Hall, 60
- William Rosser
- Annie Katie Rosser
- George Gething Rosser
- Herbert Rosser
- Arthur Rosser
- Mary Eveline Rosser
- Jessie Maria Rosser
- Owen Albert Price
- Mary Ann Richards
Cottage next to Brynamlwg in census, 60
- Mary Harries
- Mary Jane Harries
- Jennet Harries
- David Harries
- John Harries
Tenant; Landowner; Address.
- Llewellyn Thomas ; Mrs Davies; Dan y Rhiw
- John Jones ; Mrs Davies ; Part of Cilffriw
- Mrs Jenkins ; Lord Dynevor ; House & Shop
- John Ll Bowen ; John Ll Bowen ; Cilffriw Hotel
- Thomas Leyson ; Lord Dynevor ; Ynisllinlladd
- Thomas Leyson ; Lord Dynevor ; Penscynnor
- Thomas Leyson ; Lord Dynevor ; Tynllechau
- W'm Rees ; Lord Dynevor ; Tydraw & Marsh
- W'm Rees ; W'm Rees ; Tydraw
- David Rees ; J D Llewellyn ; Gillymarch
- David Bevan ; Mrs Davies Inclusive ; Derwen Fawr
- David Bevan ; J D Llewellyn ; Cae Gross and 2 cottages
- David Bevan ; Lord Dynevor ; Tipping Wharf & land
- Benjamin Rees ; Mrs Jones ; Bryncaws
- David Bevan ; Mrs Jones ; Land Bryncaws
- John Ll Bowen ; John Ll Bowen ; Chemical Works
- Mrs Vigors ; J D Llewellyn ; Part of Cilffriw
- W'm Bywater ; Thomas Leyson ; Penscynnor
- Moses Nicholas ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- David Williams ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- David Davies ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- Evan Howell ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- John Morgan ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- George Phillips ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- William Davies ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- Daniel Griffiths ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- Levi Morris ; David Bevan ; Cottages Derwen Fawr
- William Davies ; Llewellyn Bowen ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Morgan Jones, Llewellyn Bowen ; Cottages Cilffriw
- John Jones ; John Jones ; Llwyn Bedw
- John Jenkins ; William Hill ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Thomas James ; Thomas James ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Daniel Jenkins ; Daniel Jenkins ; Cottages Cilffriw
- John Davies ; John Davies ; Cottages Cilffriw
- David Davies ; David Lewis ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Edward Thomas ; William Hill ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Lucy Jones ; William Hill ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Llewellyn Hopkins ; William Hill ; Cottages Cilffriw
- Richard Rosser & Sons ; Richard Rosser & Sons : Tinworks, Cilffriw
- Richard Rosser & Sons ; Mrs Lewis ; Land Cilffriw
- William Elias ; J D Llewellyn ; Gwaun y Cadno
- Roger Davies ; J D Llewellyn ; Land Tynewydd
- Roger Davies ; J D Llewellyn ; Land Gellygaled
- Edward Thomas ; J D Llewellyn ; Land Torcefn
- David Rees ; J D Llewellyn ; Land Gwaun Torcefn
- Elizabeth Hopkins ; Capel Hanbury Leigh ; Land Tyrlan
- William Powell ; Mrs John Williams ; Land Hafodwonnog
- David John ; Mrs John Williams ; Land Glynrigos
Years of death
- J Lang, 1916
- W J Parry, 1916
- E W Wisken, 1916
- David Thomas, 1917
- James Treharne Howells, 1917
- David Griffiths, 1917
- Frederick Lewis Parry, 1917
- George Hill, 1918
- Henry Harold Andrews, 1916
- Clifford Phillips, 1942
- Ernest Foster, 1944
- William Henry Williams, 1944
- Ernest Jones, 1944
- Ernest Lynn Smith, 1944
- Glyn Ivor Jones, 1944
- As explained under Please read this first, this section is in page based numerical order BUT with no christian names extracted (unless without surname anyway).
- Separate items on a page, whether text references OR photographs, are shown with a hyphen - in between
- Places connected to personal names follow them after a forward slash /
- 139; Two sets of children; Jenkins, Phillips, Watkins, Harris. - Phillips, Harris, Jones, Jenkins.
- 140; Evans/Rockfield House in 1930s.- Andrews/New Rd. - Three ladies; Williams, Barrett & Morgan/New Rd. - Howells, postmistress.
- 141; Richards. - Jenkins children with father. - Jones/Danrhiw & Jones/New Rd with friends. - Eight young men; Thomas, Davies, Nicholas, Jones, Sercombe, Davies/Glynbedd.
- 142; Four families; Jenkins, Howells, Page, Parker and Alvis/Caewern. - Wedding at Pisgah Chapel c 1929; Thomas/Glynrhigos & Williams/Oak View.
- 143; Un-named group of haymakers at Sunny Bank farm, Penscynor. - More haymakers at Glynrhigos farm; Jones, Davies, Llewellyn, Jenkins, Thomas. - Three Jenkins brothers.
- 144; Eisteddfod poster, Hermon, 1939; Jenkins, Leyshon, Walters, Roberts, Smith, Morris. - Jones/New Rd. - A Jenkins family behind Tynllechau House. - Lavercombe (nee Jenkins).
- 145; Mobile children; Jones, Jenkins. - Motorbike & sidecar; Jenkins outside Tynllechau Cottage.- Second car in village; Griffiths/shop, Jenkins.
- 146; More mobile children; Bufton, Jones, Harris, Jenkins. - Griffiths/New Rd. - March Hywel haycart scene; Jones, Jones/Dan y rhiw, Jenkins, Harris.
- 147; Meredith. - At Bryncaws farm; Davies, Jones. - Griffiths & nephews , Alvis/New Rd. - Hay making at Glynrhigos; Davies, Griffiths, Williams. - Jones, Aubrey, Howells.
- 148; Howells/Post Office. - Sunday School trip at Porthcawl in early 1930s; Beasley, Williams, Thomas. - Eleven of Jones family/Dan y rhiw.
- 149; Wedding at Pisgah chapel; Jones, Phillips, Page, Davies. - Wedding at Hermon chapel; Jones, Evans.
- 150; Wedding group; Vera, Morris. - Christmas card 1929; Coots/Pleasant Hill. - On a trip; Evans/New Rd, Davies, Evans, Nicholas, Phillips. - Mother (Sidings shop) of Rees/New Rd. - Alvis/New Rd, Nicholas[boxer].
- 151; Cadets outside Ambulance Hall/Penscynor in 1938; (Evans Bevan Co), Fletcher, Jones, Ackery, Sercombe, Wolfe, Burford, Christie, Tomkins. - Cadets with shield; Jones, Davies, Stanford, Beasley, Lewis. - Ladies on day out; Morgan, Griffiths, Tomkins, Redman.
- 152; Ladies on an outing at Porthcawl. - Latest fashion; Thomas. - Haymaking at Tirlan farm. - On horseback on March Hywel mountain; Jones/Dan y rhiw, Stephens.
- 153; Local bus to Neath. - Two elegant ladies; Davies/Derwen fawr, Butler/Glanffrwd House. - Harris's newsagent shop near Tynllechau house and opp. Post Office. - In front of Franklyn's shop; Harris brothers. - Again in front of Franklyn's; Harris, Jenkins, Bowen.
- 154; In front of Franklyn's shop; Harris, Jones, Williams, Alvis, Williams, Page, Harris, Williams. - Griffiths. - Griffiths, Morris/New Rd, Stephens/Bryncaws, Howells. - Thomas/Glynrhigos with cow.
- 155; Griffiths/New Rd. - List of shops and shopkeepers over the century; Morris/Penscynor, Prosser/Rosser Terrace, Isaac/Rosser terrace, Corn & Feed Merchant/Tynllechau, General store/New Rd, China shop/New Rd, Everything inc. clothes/New Rd, Jones/New Rd, Lion House/New Rd, Jones/New Rd, Rees, New Rd, Jefford/New Rd, Andrews/New Rd, Harris/Pentre Hill, James/Main Rd, Dressmakers/Main Rd, Sweet shop/Deri fach, Devon House/Main Rd, Jones, Main Rd, Post Office/Main Rd, Grocer/Main Rd, Cobbler/Pleasant Hill, Hats & Scarves/Pleasant Hill, Sweets/Pleasant Hill, Elias/Brynhyfryd Cottages, Quilt maker/Brynhyfryd Cottages, Dressmakers/Glanywern/Oakview, Rees/Sidings, Whitelock/fruit from van. - Sercombe/Llwynbedw on horse at Dynevor farm.
- 156; Sercombe family of Llwynbedw House. - Bicycle Club; Morgan, Jenkins, Williams, Phillips. - Children at play ; Jones/Maes y Deri, Jenkins, Harris. - Camping on the rec.
- 157; Neath & District Fighter Plane Fund of Oct 1940, Cilfrew Collection details included the following names; Morris, Rees, Jones, Davies/Tydraw Cottage, Thomas/ Maes y Deri, Jones/Maes y Deri, Williams/Maes y Deri, Isaac, Owen, Jones/Rosser's Terrace, Evans/Haulwen, Morris, Tomkins, Hill/New Rd, Evans/New Rd, Whiskin/New Rd, Morris/New Rd, Williams/Brynawel, Jenkins/New Rd, Davies/New Rd, Morris/New Rd, Alvis/New Rd, Bebb/New Rd, Rees/New Rd, Andrews/New Rd, Benlans/Sidings Cottages, Morgan/Farm, Smith/New Rd, Williams, Jenkins, Rees/Mount Pleasant, Lewis/Mount Pleasant, Phillips/Mount Pleasant, Jones/Manorell, Griffiths/Dolcoed, Owen/Cilfrew Hotel, Williams/Pleasant Hill, Rees/Pleasant Hill, Harris/Mount Pleasant, Harris/shop, Phillips, Morris, Jones/Danyrhiw Farm, Jenkins/Glynrhigos Farm, Thomas/Glynrhigos Farm, Lloyd/Glynrhigos Farm, Jones/Tynlan Farm, Davies/Bryncaws Farm, Morgan/Oak View, Thomas/Oak View, Rees/Gelli March Farm, Hopkins/Brynrhos, Nicholas/Bryn Sirol, Griffiths/Oak View, Sercombe/Llwynbedw, Lewis/Llwynbedw, Thomas/Oak View, Jones/Ty ar Fryn, Nicholas/Harddfan, Nicholas/Glanwern, Rees/Dynevor, Griffiths/Neath, Vowles/Neath, Thomas/Neath, Goodridge/Neath.- Poster re films showing at Empire/Neath.
- 158; Home Guard men in uniform. - Phillips. - Thomas the woodcutter. - Phillips, mentioned in despatches in WWI.- Jones brothers enjoy the view towards Crynant from Dan y rhiw farmhose.
- 159; Jones, two Home Guards with rifles. - Morris/March Hywel. - View from behind Memorial Stone towards March Hywel site. - Names of WWII dead (see separate Memorial entry for names)
- 160; Four local boys during WWII; Jones, Williams, Rees, Ernest Jones. - Firefighters in WWII based at Cefn Coed; Jenkins/Glynrhigos. - Jenkins/Cilfrew with lorry.
- 161; Jenkins on motorbike. - Jones/Tydraw on his m/bike- Dykes/Derwen fawr on her m/bike.- Hall on m/bike. - Rees/Gellimarch with more traditional transport.
- 162; Moore/New Rd on tricycle. - Davies/Pleasant Hill on toy car. - Jenkins in doorway of Glynrhigos. - Sheep shearing on local farm. - Phillips, sportsman, near Cilfrew Pub.
- 163; Jones sisters/Main Rd, Jenkins outside Woodfield. - Eight Members of Hermon; Rowlands, Morris, Jones, Morgan. - Gorbett/Aberdulais. - Stanfords bread. - Butcher the baker?. - Morris the bus. - Bus garage/New Rd with Morris family outside.
- 164; Three families involved in fire at Sidings houses in 1949; Sweeney, Delfosse, Evans, James. - Three newspaper reports plus photograph.
- 165; Letter in 1949 re above fire from Women's Missionary Auxiliary/Neath to James from Lloyd Jones. - Photograph of the hoses involved.
- 166; Owen/Cilffriw Hotel. - In front of Morris house; Morris, Thomas, Aubrey, Whitelock, Isaac. - Jones of Brynhyfryd Cottage born on night of 1940 bombing raid where bombs fell near Derwen Fawr cottages, the Post Office windows blew out and a goldfish died in Penscynor of shock. - Clarke. - Wedding group; Rees/Gellimarch to Maizie.
- 167; Seven men/boys; Jones(Id the oil), Price, Dykes, Jenkins. - Lewis/shop. - Hermon chapel men at Whitsun tea; Morris, Stanford, Lewis, Isaac, Harris. - Three ladies in Welsh dress; Davies, Jenkins, James/Derwen fawr. - Hill with daughter Evans/New Rd. - Men & boys in suits; Thomas, Davies, Dykes, Pickrell, Christie, Thomas, Jones.
- 168; Camping at Porthcawl; Morgan, Dynevor, Price, Jenkins, Isaacs, Williams, Whitelock, Morgan, Griffiths, Phillips. - Sophisticated group of five young men; Griffiths, Stephens, Jones, Thomas. - Page brothers have a fight. - Three football annual dinner bound buses in 1952/3.
- 169; Sunday school trip to the seaside; an overdressed bunch of men; Sercombe, Davies, Jones, Thomas, Jenkins.- Rowlands/Main Rd, Jenkins/Main Rd. - Un-named group on trip.
- 170; Three groups on trips.
- 171; Three more groups on trips.
- 172; Pub scene; Hall, Griffiths, Powell. - So called Sunday card sharpers near Tabor; Davies, Vyrnwy, Evans, Griffiths, Jones, Morgan, Christie. - The Carnival Queen selection at Pisgah vestry in 1957; Williams, Griffiths, Evans, Powell, Mitchell, Pokoyski, Matthews, Thomas, Jenkins, Davies, James, Phillips, Christie, Hill.
- 173; Walking the tightrope to cross river; Jones/Taun-y-rhiw farm. - Close/Glyn Bedd farm. - Solicitors receipt in 1958 for £200 re property purchase; Llewellyn Jones, Williams. - Looking as if they have won something, group outside Cilffriw Hotel; Vyrnwy, Fletcher, Christie, Owen, Williams, Jones, Beniams, Hall, Evans, Pickerell.
- 174; Horse & hearse; Stephens. - Dykes. - Evans outside Brynhyfryd Cottages or Bowens' Row. - George, Morris. - View of fields where March Hywel housing estate now stands.
- 175; Southcott/Penscynor malt house; Leyshon. - Neath Coachbuilders advert; Southcott. - Porter/old Tinworks in New Rd. - Vervox. - Killfield Engineering. - More Carters adverts.
- 176; Neath Agricultural show at Gnoll Rugby ground; Morgan/Cilffriw farm with cup, and cow. - Some local 'characters' on a Boat trip; Jefford, Davies/Glynbedd, Dykes, Coots, Evans, Jenkins.
- 177; Young men away from home; Morris, Mellin, Page, Evans, Challinor.- Group outside Pisgah vestry; Thomas, Jenkins, Jones, Morgan, Davies, Sercombe. - Happy smiling Labour party dinner group in 1958; Williams.
- 178; Handbags at the ready, ladies on stage at Pisgah; Williams, Challinor, Jones, Christie, Griffiths, Wilkins, Jenkins. - At Maes y Deri; Williams three generations. - In front of Memorial stone; Whitelock, Evans, Jones. - Four young men called Dykes or Jones, looking very 'upmarket'.
- 179; Four lads in front garden in New Rd; Phillips, Davies, Challinor, Hall. - Christmas Eve party with 'big band' in 1957; Williams, Fletcher.
- 180; Press cutting re village carnival; Mathews, Mitchell, Christie, Hill, Evans, Thomas, Morris, Perkoskie, Bowen, Phillips, Williams, James, Jenkins, Thomas, Powell, Clarke, Hall, Tanner, Nicholas, Bromage, Jones, Cilfriw Goons Band, Williams. - More Carters adverts.
- 181; Two Carnival scenes; Price, Davies, Jenkins/Derwen fawr, Davies/Glynbedd.
- 182; Blacked-up Carnival band in New Rd; Jones, Fletcher, Williams. - Carnival Queen & her attendants; Davies, Christie, Jenkins,Morgan. - In Carnival dress; Davies, Challinor. - And again; Morgan, Hodinott.
- 183; Carnival; Harris as 'Bessie Bunter'. - Marching along Main Rd; Evans, Davies, Hodinott, Lewis. - Cross dressers; Davies, Jones, Rees, Moore. - So who wears the trousers?; Griffiths, Jones, Parker, Powell, Matthews.
- 184; Marching scene passing Rosser terrace; Jones, Rees, Lewis, Hodinott. - Two sets of Derwen Fawr children in costumes; Jones, Evans. -Two engaging little girls; Thomas, Fletcher.
- 185; Carnival ladies 'huddling up' to Coronation Street star. - Bloodthirsty work. - Whitsun tea group; Evans, Williams, Phillips, Morgan, Beniams, Hill, Challinor, Morgan, Davies.- Uncle Tommy & Rees.
- 186; Tea party outside Pisgah vestry in 1953; Sercombe, Williams, Lewis, Griffiths, Phillips, Parker, Davies, Evans, Page, Morgan, Nicholas, Coots, Rees, Powell, Rowlands, Jenkins, Page. - Group of cyclists outside Maes y Deri shop; Worth, Wolfe, Hall, Howells, Porter, Davies. - Jolly looking Bar staff at Cilffriw Hotel; Morgan, Powell, Griffiths, Jones.
- 187; Party at Phillips' house; Burford, Davies, Hopkins, Richards, Powell. - Group of children; Davies, Hall, Moore. - Beach scene with less over dressed men; Biggs, Thomas, Davies, Evans, Jenkins, Sutherland.
- 188; Beach scene with shy ladies; Davies, Jones, Moore. - Jones family of Tydraw; Chambers, Jones, Jones/Bryngelli. - Davies, Evans/New Rd.
- 189; Two more tea party groups
- 190; Two Whitsun marches through the village; Howells/Cadoxton.
- 191; Womens' outing, ladies all dressed up; Whitelock, Fletcher, Thomas, Griffiths, Thomas, Sutherland, Meredith, Jones, Mitchell, Downman. - On the 'bus turning'; Thomas/Oak View, Evans.
- 192; Pondsiding, river scenes; Evans, Dykes, Pickerell, Hodinott. - Six young happy faces on Blackpool trip; Chuck, Jones, Jenkins, Aubrey, Powell, Richards.
- 193; Children at play; Evans, Pokoyski, James, Jenkins, Evans. - Derwen Fawr Cottage roof and 'ty bach'. - Eddie the milk. - Shink. - Eight Ladies posed for this; Austin, Powell, Lewis, Jones, Howells, Fletcher, Thomas.
- 194; Outside Anderson shelter at Derwen Fawr; James, Dykes. - Thomas. - Evans. - Jenkins. - Another Sunday school trip; Evans, Fletcher, Thomas, Jones, Rees, Sercombe, Davies, Williams, Beniams.
- 195; Pub scene; Thomas, Morris, Downman, Evans, Stephens, Beniams. - Phillips/Pleasant Hill with Jenkins children, Williams, Challinor.
- 196; New Rd front garden scene; Moore, Davies, Hill. - Five lads on Blackpool trip; Hall, Morris, Jones, Rees, Davies. - Stephens family of Tirlan, Bryncaws, Tor-cefn and Tasmania.
- 197; Trip to Barry in 1949; Stephens, Christie, Webb, Mitchell, Hall, Lott. - Parker, Tanyrhiw family, Jenkins/Glynrhigos, Davies/Bryncaws, Dai/Glynbedd, Lloyd/Brynrhos.- Stephens family group. - Hopkins dairy, Neath.- Horses at Tirlan.
- 198; Stephens family group. - Stephens, Langford, Rodgers, Morris. - Another typical Beach scene; Dykes, Thomas, Wolfe, Simmonds.
- 199; Four ladies; Phillips, Williams, Jenkins, Williams. - Pensioner trip from Pisgah. - Wedding watchers at Hermon. - Parents try wheelbarrow racing; Dykes, Howells, Evans, Meredith, Williams, Davies, Powell, Roberts.
- 200; Tydraw House in the snow. - Children of Maes y Deri line up for this. - On the buses, Jones. - Fashion parade; Dykes, Matthews, Moore, Christie, Pritchard.
- 201; Certificate awards; Thomas, Porter, Mainwaring, Jenkins, Dykes, Williams, Lloyd. - Evacuees return visit, Jones. - George/West Winds, Williams.
- 202; Four really cute kids; Lewis, Dykes. - Letter from Jenkins/Brynhyfryd. - Newspaper article re Little People's Club; Leyson, Davies, Isaac, Loyd, Morgan. - Dog Show club; Soanes/Main Rd. - March Hywell starting to build, 1968, Morgan, Price.
- 203; March Hywel estate & shop; Biggs/Pines. - Maes y Deri party, on Hill's return from the Falklands War. - Bevy of lovely ladies having a good time; Hutt, Albert, Jenkins, Thomas, Everett, Lewis, Morris, Powell, Jones. - Two smart looking men; Porter, Edward/New Rd. - Overhead view of Tinworks site; Porter.
- 204; Cilffriw Hotel Darts Club annual presentation meeting; Downham, Jones, Davies. - Ladies who do, the Chapel cleaning team; Jenkins, Sercombe, Challinor, Freak, Jenkins. - Sand Castle builders; Hughes, Roberts, Evans, Morris.
- 205; Cilffriw Hotel darts event. - Womens Club meetings and events, several photographs.
- 206; Ladies in hats at Ascot races. - Fund raising by Cilffriw Womens Social Club.
- 207; Ladies having fun. - Womens club meeting in Williams' front room; Williams, Dowman, George, Evans, Jenkins, Thomas, Hutt, Hill, Thomas, Jones.
- 208; Pensioner of Wales article in 1974,'55 Years as organist'; Jenkins/Glynrhigos, Jones, Williams, Farmer, Band of Hope/Pisgah, Dynevor. - Jenkins at the organ. - Penscynor Bird Gardens advert and photograph of flamingoes.
- 209; Penscynor Wild Life park. - More cross dressers, at Cilffriw Hotel; Millett, Jones, Crocker. - Newspaper article re Cilfrew Community Hall opening in 1976; Jones, Dargavel, Davies, Soane, Morris, Morgan, Hale.
- 210; Whitsun tea parties at Pisgah vestry, Jenkins doing the washing up.
- 211; Egg & spoon race. - Sack race. - Uncle Tommy supervising. - Celebration of 50th anniversary of new Pisgah Chapel in 1979, Auntie Katie, Uncle Tommy, Billo and Beryl with children.
- 212; Marching round village with banner. - Tabor chapel cleaning team still smiling. - Labour party ladies section celebrating in 1978.
- 213; Diamond wedding celebration at Pisgah Chapel; Jones, Jenkins, Jones, Davies, Smith. - Celebration at Hermon Chapel; Jenkins, Mainwaring, Clarke, Morris, Rowlands, Lewis, Morris, Dowman, Smith, Jones, Aubrey, Morgan, Isaac, Lewis, Jones. - Hermon 100 year celebration events in 1981.
- 214; Three Hermon deacons with minister in 1981; Aubrey, Lewis, Jones, Jones. - Pondsiding hot weather river scene. - Snow drifts; Blackmore. - Snow level with walls of Tabor.
- 215; Penscynor Bird Gardens, who'd be a monkey?; Hale. - Cilffriw Hotel; Billo has a rest. - A good show of cups, plaques and winners.
- 216; Youth Club at Community Centre;Jones/Cilfrew House, Evans/New Rd. - Several photographs of Club groups.
- 217; Cilfrew Centre Youth group, membership card; Soans. - It's a Knockout poster, 1987, plus 2 scenes from that.
- 218; More of the above.
- 219; And again. - Children on horses on the 'rec'; Jones, Morris, Sparks, Simmonds.
- 220; Newspaper article re 'Letter to the Queen'; Soanes/Main Rd. - Reply from Sandringham. - Jones family of Dan y rhiw later in the century.
- 221; Pony & Bike Rides/Aberdulais Basin, 1983; Davies.
- 222; Jenkins family, Lavercombe/ Cadoxton/New Zealand. - Thomas, Challinor, Evans, Howells, Lewis, Lewis/Rosser terrace, Mortimer, Rowlands.
- 223; Jenkins, Rowlands, Boucher, Jones the Builders, George, Jones/Tydraw, Page, Dai Swansea, Thomas. - Youth club at Cilffriw school; Biggs. - Scargill, Payne, Thomas, presentation of colliery lamps. - Snow at night at the Tydraw turning.
- 224; Letter from Neath Borough Museum; Brown, re 60 year old bicycle belonging to Payne, 1993. - Havard with bicycle. - Woodham with Addison book dating to 1760.
- 225; Girls of Cilffriw made a lovely bunch of St John's Ambulance nurses. - Tallest bean at show, Powell/Oak View. - Vervox Engineering, Evans/New Rd. - Tea & cake at Dan y rhiw, as a Welsh Farmhouse should look.
- 226; Rees/Gelli March farm visiting Jones/Dan y rhiw farm. - Jones, Dan y rhiw, Thomas. - Brownie pack with Cilffriw faces in.
- 227; Davies family of Pleasant Hill & Oak View who emigrated to America in 1988. - Davies/Oak View and Tynllechau before that. - Cilffriw Hotel, fun at Christmas; Jones, Morgan, Evans.
- 228; Tyler at Cilffriw Hotel; Matthews. - Annual Dinner presentation; Thomas. - Having a break; Blackmore, Thomas, Williams, Dykes, and un-named Golden Retriever dog.
- 229; VE Day celebrations in 1996 at Maes y Deri, several scenes
- 230; Horse & cart duo; Challinor, Page. - Thomas/Maes y Deri's 80th birthday party; Jones, Meredith, Wolf, Jones, Dykes, Williams, Thomas. - Residents rebel at Maes y Deri.
- 231; Newspaper article 'Leave our homes alone say tenants' of Maes y Deri; Lloyd, Moses. - Showing a leg. - Easy riders; Williams/Maes y Deri.
- 232; Mother and daughter; Williams/Glynrhigos. - Davies/ March Hywelin Singapore.
- 233; Davies/March Hywel in Tibet. - Remberance Day in Neath town centre; Green, Harris, Davies.- Price/March Hywel.
- 234; Ferry Five Mile Run for charity; Arthur, Hopkins. - Eisteddfod winner; Thomas/Main Rd.
- 235; Caswell trip in 2000, Evans/Maes y Deri. - Wedding at Pisgah Chapel in 2000, Piper.
- 236; Dan y rhiw farmhouse. - Tirlan farmhouse; Stephens family. - Gelli March farmhouse.
- 237; The Cilfrew Hotel. - Poem for Williams by Lowry, Lomax.
- 238; Samples of work of local artists, Evans/March Hywel.
- 239; Rugby; Harris, George, Jefford, Sercombe. - First cricket team, un-named. - Second cricket team; Wilkins, Jones, Davies, Evans, Williams, Morris, Howells, Phillips, Rees, Devonald, Morgans.
- 240; Another cricket team; Williams, Jones, Gowman, Davies, Morgan, Evans, Thomas, Rees. - three more photographs of various cricket teams.
- 241; The 'top' cricket team again in their striped blazers; Morgan, Andrews, Phillips, Rees, John, Williams, Morris, Harris, Thomas, Jenkins. - March Hywel site pitch. - Also Dan y rhiw. - Winners of the Ynysgerwn Cricket Tournament in 1929; Andrews, Phillips, Thomas, Williams, Jefford, Wilkins, Jenkins, Davies, Morgan, Jones, Powell. - Cilffriw Hotel boxing ring.- Recreation ground funding; Alvis.
- 242; Rugby team; Davies, Wilkins, Gowman, Griffiths, Morgan, Lemon, Harris, Jones, Jefford, Beasley, Challoner, Thomas, Powell, Evans, Bowen. Phillips. -
- The Cilfrew Rugby team of 1919/20, photograph and article from newspaper; Davies, Sercombe, Jones, Morgan, Page, Devonald, Collier, Phillips, Harris, Williams, Jefford, Wilkins, Rees.- Powell/Oak View. - Another 'early' team.
- 243; Noted rugby players of the time; Williams, Harris, Phillips, Jones. - Black & White soccer team of 1933/March Hywel field. - Tennis courts; Powell, Nicholas. - New soccer team, Cilfrew Rovers, in 1943, changed in Pisgah vestry and Cilffriw Hotel, then outbuilding; Owen, founder members; Williams, Mellin/Cilffriw Hotel. - Early soccer team; Morgan, Jones, Howells, Ricketts, Whitelock, Williams, Davies, Sparkes, Turner, Morris, Jenkins, Webb, Johns.
- 244; Soccer team; Christie, Whitelock, Hall, Brew, Price, Griffiths, Aubrey, Price, Williams, Morgan, Howells, Jenkins, Sparks. - And another, winners of Barrett Cup in 1951/2; Williams, Thomas, Christie, Robinson, Aubrey, Whitelock, Turner, Prothero, Hughes, Culpen, Davies, Bowen, Davies, Howells, Morris, Evans, Hall.
- 245; Aberdulais Boys Club team; Ackery, Thomas, Morgan, Faram, Harris, Thomas, Turner, Davies, Evans, Elias, Hopkins, Harris, Edwards, Davies. - Cilfrew Rovers. - 1946 season; Dykes. - Ford, went on to play for Swansea & Wales. - Jenkins, trials for Bristol Rovers. - Another soccer team; Howells, Whitelock, Arnold, Thomas, Christie, Thomas, Davies, Aubrey, Protheroe, Williams, Hall, Griffiths, Fletcher, Dykes, Davies, Evans, Jones, Pickerell.
- 246; Another soccer team; Stephens, Williams, Christie, Evans. Thomas, Fletcher, Joseph, Dykes, Jones, Hall, Carter, Morris. - Aberdulais Boy's Club soccer team; Morgan, Powell, Evans, Harris, James, Griffiths, Thomas, Price, Davies.
- 247; Two photographs of Cilfrew Rovers Committee members in middle part of C20; Christie, Protheroe, Griffiths, Jones, Fletcher, Williams, Evans, Davies. - Thomas, Evans, Pickerell, Jones, Protheroe, George, Davies, Morgan, Williams.
- 248; Empire Ballroom Dance in 1955, ladies Fletcher, Williams selling raffle tickets.- Cilfrew Rovers AFC Annual Dance, ticket for 1956 at Gwyn Hall/Neath.
- 249; Groups at Cilfrew Rovers Annual Dances.
- 250; More groups at Annual Dances. - Committee & players; Williams.
- 251; Cilfrew Rovers Annual Dinner Dance, group. - Williams, Davies. - Changing rooms in new Community Hall, 1976. - Cilfrew Rovers tour Spain in 1979.
- 252; Cilfrew Rovers junior soccer team; Jones/New Rd. - Sponsored by Penscynor Wildlife park; Hale.
- 253; Cilfrew Rovers team outside The Cilfrew pub. - Cilfrew pub regulars outside pub before flying to Edinburgh for Wales vs Scotland soccer match.
- 254; Two Cilfrew Rovers teams.
- 255; Cilfrew Rovers, winners of Neath Borough Cup, 1993/4. - Cilfrew Rovers 50th Anniversary Dinner Dance in 1994, programme.
- 256; Three photographs of Cifrew Rovers' lady supporters.
- 257; Ladies football team in 1970, called Ladybirds; Porter, Williams.
- 258; More of ladies soccer teams.
- 259; Newspaper article re junior soccer team; Soanes. - Three photographs of junior teams.
- 260; Cilfrew Junior Rovers, 1973-86; Soanes, Moore, Herdman, Cole, Conde. - Cilfrew Juniors, 1987; Moore, Heale. - Under 14's; Conde, Moore, Herdman, Soanes, Regan.
- 261; Cilfrew Junior Under 14 Squad at National Sporting Centre, Crystal Palace; Windos, Bowen, Saunders. -Newspaper article sit down demo at soccer ground by rugby mothers over lack of rugby facilities; Davies. - Receipt for £30 for post match fish & chips, 1985.
- 262; Two photographs of Cilfrew Junior Rugby Club teams; Morgan/Penscynor, Evans/Cadoxton, Shaw, one dated 1981/2.
- Four senior citizens' 'quiet spot' on the Maes y Deri seat, relief at last.
- The End