The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"COGAN, a parish in the hundred of Dinas-Powis, in the county of Glamorgan, South Wales, 4 miles S. of Cardiff, its post town and railway station. There is no village, but only a few scattered farmhouses. The living is a rectory annexed to the rectory* of Leckwith, in the diocese of Llandaff; in the patronage of the Marquis of Bute. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018