Nolton in the Parish of Coity
"NOLTON, a chapelry, with a village, in Coyty parish, Glamorgan; 2 miles N N E of Bridgend r. station. Post-town, Bridgend. ... " [From John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on A Vision of Britain through Time.]
See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of St Mary's Church
The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and is in the Benefice of Coity with Nolton. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be found at grid reference SS905794.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Nolton Ecclesiastical Parish records " .......... including registers of baptisms, 1840-1946; marriages, 1837-1940"
The following Religious Institutions are covered in the Mormon International Genealogical Index (IGI) :-
- Coity, Nolton, St. Mary - Christenings (BT's), 1844-1875
The transcription of the section for Nolton from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Nolton in the Parish of Coity to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Nolton in the Parish of Coity has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS906795 (Lat/Lon: 51.503811, -3.577602), Nolton in the Parish of Coity which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)