1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Colwinston contained the following places:
"COLWINSTON, a parish in the hundred of Ogmore, in the county of Glamorgan, 4 miles W. of Cowbridge, and 4 S.E. of Bridgend. It is situated on the Roman way called the Via Julia Maritima. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Llandaff, value £135, in the patronage of D. Thomas, Esq. There are some small charities, and traces of camps in the neighbourhood."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018