Coedpenmaen in the Parish of Eglwysilan
"St. Matthew's, COEDPENMAEN, is an ecclesiastical parish, formed July 2nd, 1909, from that of St. Catherine's. The church, built in 1908 at a cost of about £5300, is a building of brick in the Early English style, ... and has 400 sittings. The register dates from the year 1909. The living is a vicarage, yearly value £210, and residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Oil Painting of Coedpenmaen English Baptist Chapel, by Esther Grainger, 1969 - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Coedpenmaen in the Parish of Eglwysilan to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Coedpenmaen in the Parish of Eglwysilan has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST083907 (Lat/Lon: 51.607641, -3.325589), Coedpenmaen in the Parish of Eglwysilan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Aerial photograph of the War Memorial, Coedpenmaen Common, Pontypridd. Taken on 30 July 2007 - on the People's Collection Wales site