Groes-wen in the Parish of Eglwysilan
"No suitable historic quote has been found for this place"
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Welsh Congregational church
Groeswen Chapel; digitised image copied from a black and white slide taken by Stephen Hughes, June 1999 - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Groes-wen in the Parish of Eglwysilan to another place.
Portrait of William Edwards (1719-89) architect of the Old Bridge, Pontypridd - on the People's Collection Wales site
"William Edwards (1719-89), was born at Groeswen, near Caerphilly. He was a Congregational minister at Groeswen, but is better-known as the architect of the 'Old Bridge' at Pontypridd........
You can see the administrative areas in which Groes-wen in the Parish of Eglwysilan has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST127868 (Lat/Lon: 51.573283, -3.261096), Groes-wen in the Parish of Eglwysilan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)