Rhydyfelin in the Parish of Eglwysilan
"Rhydyfelin is a large village and part of the community of Pontypridd, a town about two miles to its north west, in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf. " wikipedia
"Rhydfelen, 2 miles south-east, is a village, with Baptist and Congregational chapels." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Bethlehem Baptist Church
The church is dedicated to St. Luke, and is in the Benefice of Rhydyfelin. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST091878.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Rhydyfelin Ecclesiastical Parish records " ......... is a modern parish within the rural deanery of Rhondda in the diocese of Llandaff. It is situated south of Pontypridd and was formed from the conventional district of Cilfynydd in Pontypridd ecclesiastical parish in 1908. St. Luke??'s Mission church was originally a chapel of ease"
" ......... records inlcuding registers of banns, 1964-1976; services, 1933-1969"
Transcript of name listing for Pontypridd, and district, from Commercial and Trade Directories, for the years:-
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rhydyfelin in the Parish of Eglwysilan to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Rhydyfelin in the Parish of Eglwysilan has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Various items - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Rhydfelen (Rhydyfelin) village, near Pontypridd, c. 1900
- General view of Rhydyfelen (Rhydyfelin), looking towards Glyntaff, 1910
- Round Houses at Rhydfelen (Rhydyfelin), built by Dr William Price, c. 1861
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST095885 (Lat/Lon: 51.588059, -3.307697), Rhydyfelin in the Parish of Eglwysilan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)