"FLEMINGSTON, in the Cwmwd of Pen y Bont, Cantref of Cron Nedd (now called the Hundred of Cowbridge), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a discharged Rectory valued in the King's Books at £4..18..9.: Patron, Thomas Wyndham, Esq.: Church dedicated to St. Michael. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 66. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was £28..3..5: The Rates are levied by the acre. It is 4 m. S. from Cowbridge. This Parish contains about 600 acres of Land, all inclosed and cultivated. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Tythes, and Rent of Glebe Land, was £86..11..3. This Village derives its Name from the Family of Fleming, who possessed the Castle and Lordship of St. George's under Robert Fitzhamon. There are still some remains of a Castle adjoining the Church-yard; a part whereof is now used for purposes connected with husbandry." From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.