Gilfach in the Parish of Gelligaer
"Gilfach is the small district that lies between Bargoed and Pengam, situated in the Caerphilly county borough, seven miles north of Caerphilly, within the historic boundaries of Glamorgan." wikipedia
"GILFACH, 2 miles north and adjoining Bargoed om the south, is a growing village, with a halt on the Great Western railway." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Margaret, is in the Benefice of Gelligaer, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST151986.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office (St. Margaret, Gilfach)|
|Non Conformist Registers Held at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Gilfach Fargoed Calvinistic Methodist||1922-1975||-||1937, 1949-1952||ST 15279848|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Gilfach in the Parish of Gelligaer to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Gilfach in the Parish of Gelligaer has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST152982 (Lat/Lon: 51.676142, -3.227795), Gilfach in the Parish of Gelligaer which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Photograph showing a surface view of Gilfach Colliery, near Bargoed. - on the People's Collection Wales site