The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLAN-ILID, a parish in the hundred of Cowbridge, county Glamorgan, 5 miles N.W. of Cowbridge, its post town, 5 N.E. of Bridgend, and 4 from the Cowbridge Road railway station. The river Ogmore flows through the neighbourhood. Coal is obtained here. The village is very small, containing only a few scattered cottages. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Llandaff, value with the curacy of Llanharan annexed, £324, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Did. The charities amount to about £3 per annum."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018