Fairwater in the Parish of Llandaff
"FAIRWATER is a hamlet, 1 mile south-west from Llandaff, and a mile north-west from Ely station. In this hamlet is the Cardiff Tuberculosis Hospital, the Welsh National Memorial to King Edward VIII. which was opened in July, 1913, and contains 60 beds." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and is in the Benefice of Fairwater Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST136774.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
Transcript of name listing for Llandaff, with the parishes and villages of Caerau, Ely, Fairwater, Radyr, Llanilltern, St. Fagan's, Michaelston-super-Ely, and St. Bride's-super-Ely from Slaters Directory for 1880.
The transcription of the section for Fairwater from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Fairwater in the Parish of Llandaff to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Fairwater in the Parish of Llandaff has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Fairwater, near St Fagans, Cardiff - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST137778 (Lat/Lon: 51.492534, -3.244462), Fairwater in the Parish of Llandaff which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)