Gabalfa in the Parish of Llandaff
"GABALFA, a hamlet, 1½ miles north-east from Llandaff and 2 north from Cardiff, was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1876. The church of St. Mark is a building of stone, in the Early English style, ... : there are 300 sittings. The register dates from the year 1876. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £260, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, and held since 1906 by the Rev. Richard William Evans, of St. Bees. The population of the ecclesiastical parish in 1901 was 1,200, and in 1911, 3,207." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Mark, and is in the Benefice of Gabalfa. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST171788.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
(At the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth)
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Gabalfa Ecclesiastical Parish records " .............. including registers of baptisms, 1876-1927; marriages, 1877-1926"
The transcription of the section for Gabalfa from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Gabalfa in the Parish of Llandaff to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Gabalfa in the Parish of Llandaff has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST169791 (Lat/Lon: 51.5047, -3.198686), Gabalfa in the Parish of Llandaff which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)