The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANDOUGH-JUXTA-COWBRIDGE, (or Llandoch), a parish in the hundred of Cowbridge, county Glamorgan, 2 miles S. of Cowbridge, its post town, 7 from Cowbridge Road railway station, and 12 E. of Cardiff. The river Cowbridge flows through it. Limestone is obtained. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Llandaff, value with that of St. Mary's church annexed, £325. The church is dedicated to St. Dochdwy, and has monuments to the Walche family. Walters, who compiled the Welsh dictionary, once held this living. Here are remains of Llan-dough Castle; a modern seat bearing that name is the principal residence.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018