Blackmill in the Parish of Llandyfodwg
"BLACKMILL, a village in Glamorgan; 5½ miles WNW of Llantrissant." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
"BLACKMILL is a hamlet one mile south, on the river Ogmore, with a station on the Llynvi and Ogmore section of the Great Western railway, and 6 miles from Bridgend." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Various landscapes - on the People's Collection Wales site
The transcription of the section for Blackmill from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Blackmill in the Parish of Llandyfodwg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Blackmill in the Parish of Llandyfodwg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS934867 (Lat/Lon: 51.569062, -3.539458), Blackmill in the Parish of Llandyfodwg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)