In 1868, the parish of Llandyfodwg contained the following places:
"LLANDYFODWG, a parish in the hundred of Ogmore, county Glamorgan, 6 miles N.E. of Bridgend, its post town, and 6 N.W. of Llantrissaint. It is situated on a tributary of the river Ogmore, and includes the villages of Blackmill and Pantyrid. Coal and iron are obtained here. There are chalybeate springs. The manor belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster, and the inhabitants are free from all tolls at markets and fairs in England, except those of Oxford and Cambridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff, value £89. The church is dedicated to St. Tyvodwg. The charities amount to about £3 per annum."
"BLACKMILL, a village in the parish of Llandyfodwg, hundred of Ogmore, in the county of Glamorgan, South Wales, 5 miles to the W. of Llantrisaint. A branch of the river Ogmore runs near it."
"PANTYRID, a village in the parish of Llandyfodwg, county Glamorgan, 6 miles N.E. of Bridgend."