Chapels - Llangan


This project is fully described on Glamorgan Chapels Database

This Llangan database compiled by Gareth Hicks

If a chapel is already mentioned on the main parish page then its name will act as a link to that section for any data recorded there - such as extant records and OS Grid references

Some chapels may have more than one entry if it is not possible to correctly identify each from a particular source

(For an explanation of the various non-conformist denominations see Wales - Genealogy Help Pages )

Sources referred to (indicated by number shown in brackets after the data entry) where there may be more data available


No Baptist chapels found in this parish


Saron Independent, Treos

  • 1838 April 20 Independant; a building called Saron. William GRIFFITHS, minister of the Gospel, David JONES (2)
  • Saran chapel, Treos MIs index (3)
  • Here is a Congregational chapel 1895 (4) and 1910 (5)
  • Saron Independent, in the village of Treos Erected in 1830 William Griffith, Minister, Llanharan 1851 (7)
  • Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
  • Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh) copied by Gareth Hicks from the Cd published by Archive CD Books - with translation


Salem (?) Presbyterian chapel, Llangan

  • There is a place of worship for Presbyterians 1833 (1)
  • Salem, Llangan - Index entry (6)

Other (inc un-identified)


[Last Updated : 23 Feb 2008 - Gareth Hicks]