In 1868, the parish of Llangeinor contained the following places:
"LLANGEINOR, a parish in the hundred of Ogmore, county Glamorgan, 5 miles N. of Bridgend, its post town, and 9 W. of Newbridge. The parish is watered by the rivers Ogmore and Garw, and includes the villages of Abergarw, Newmill, and Roughmill. Coal, iron, and limestone is obtained in large quantities. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Llandaff, value £71. The church is dedicated to St. Gwinear. The parochial endowments produce about £12 per annum."
"ABERGARW, a village in the parish of Llangeinor, in the county of Glamorgan, South Wales, 8 miles N. of Bridgend."
"NEW-MILL, a village in the parish of Llangeinor, county Glamorgan, 5 miles N. of Bridgend."